• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Downlighters for bathroom

MarkP80

Ive used a lot of Aurora down lights Tony, and have found them to be good quality. They do IP65 rated models, eg AU-DLL993PC. This can be used with up to a 50W bulb (one is included).

Cheers,
MarkP

kilmoremick

Standard Member
Around ten years ago, I fitted mr16 50w halogen down lights in the ensuite.

For the shower cubicle down light, was fitted a special MR16 housing that had a shatterproof lens in front of the MR16 lamp to prevent the lamp exploding if accidently hit by water.

Recently replaced the MR16 halogen lamps with LED units.

tonycooling

Hi MarkP80
I like the look of the Aurora, but think I'm going to need 4 or 5 of them and tbh, wasn;t wanting to spend £150......but do like the look of them....thinking I could get away with 4....

MarkP80

Hi Tony,

There are specific zoning requirements for bathrooms which dictate where you need the expensive IP65 fittings. You may only need a couple and could use the standard Aurora fittings for the others. The IP65 fittings are perfectly safe for use above a shower.

Google bathroom zoning and you'll see what I'm talking about.

I should point out that electrical work in a bathroom should be done by an electrician, before someone jumps in!

MarkP

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom