Downlight Help Please?

adamfernadam

Established Member
Reaction score
Can somebody with some knowhow please give me some advice...

Have some lovely looking GU10 downlights throughout our kitchen and wanted to continue them through the new room im converting..however its an old extension with a low ceiling and the depth of the void is the depth of the rafters approx 100mm. The ceiling is currently down and old insualation removed.

Iv been told i shouldnt use the same downlights as the kitchen in there as they get too hot in the small depth of space and could ignite the new insulation, and id be better with led ones instead? Is this correct? Or maybe low voltage ones? Do they run cool enough? If the answer is led then do i need the all in ones, or do i just get led bulbs for the normal GU10 lights?
Any advice much appreciated, just want to get this ceiling back up safely :smashin:

Hi,

Screwfix sell firehoods that fit over the top of the downlights, and prevent the insulation from touching the hot light unit. They are very easy to fit.
Look for product codes 979320-99 and 84802-99.

I tried the LED route, but the bulbs are just not bright enough, and don't like being dimmed (even the dimmable ones).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom