downgrading from skyhd to sky digital

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by orc brute, Apr 21, 2007.

1. orc brute

orc brute

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    i hope someone can help , i have a sky hd box and a sky+ box i want to downgrade my sky package to the basic package i have the movies at the moment so all in all it costs me £57 per month with the multi room , hd subs ,so what i want to do is keep the sky+box with the basic pack , not have sky hd anymore and sell the hd box and use my old skydigibox as just a freeview box, can someone out there tell me how much money i would be saving and would sky pair my hd card to my old digi box so i can still view channel 4 ect , thanks for you help:)

2. kbj242

kbj242

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    6 mixes + movies = £36 per month (4 mixes + movies = £34 etc etc).
    If you drop movies then its £15, £18 or £21 pcm, depending on the number of mixes.
    Remember tho - If you **don't** take Sports or Movies, you'll have to pay an extra £10 per month to use your Sky+ recording functionality.
    Hope that helps.

3. kbj242

kbj242

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    oh yeah - from various posts on here -Sky will be able to pair your current "HD" card to the old box to enable it to receive the FreeSat channels - which is more or less Freeview via satellite.

4. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975

Well SKY+ costs another tenner if you get rid of the movies so why not keep the HD box and pay the HD sub which includes the SKY+ part and provides you with some decent HD content and DVR functions?

The figures are as kbj242 says so cheapest is £25 a month for SKY+/2Mix and FreesatfromSky or £25 for SKY+HD/2Mix+HD and FreesatfromSKY.

5. orc brute

orc brute

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    thanks for you replys , the sky+ is used more by my wife and kids , and i purchased the hd box for myself in my cinema room , so i am the only one that watches it ,but since sky have started to show a lot of the better films like star wars on the hd 2 which is a worse bitrate and changed the movies channels which seems to have less content, i have this feeling of being ripped off somehow ,so i dont want to give sky anymore money for an average service , i would get rid of the whole thing if it wasnt for the wife and kids,and just have freeview ,just another question, can someone confirm would i be charged a multiroom charge for the freew view box, thanks again:)

6. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    No multiroom charge if the second box is just used for "freesat" which is only the fta and ftv channels and you can then remove the phone line.

Ah, yeah if you don't have a HD display in the family room a HD box is perhaps overkill especially if you can get a bit of cash for it.

7. orc brute

orc brute

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    thanks very much starburst, and everyone else you have all been very helpfull:thumbsup: