1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

downgrade of speakers, :(

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by stuman, Jun 15, 2005.

1. stuman

stuman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    due to financial dificulties a couple of weeks ago i had to sell my audio setup, as it was it consisted of a cambridge audio azur 640a running to some b&w 601 s3's i was very happy with this setup and was a regretful sale, but such is life.

now im in the running for a new setup however i have very limited cash, a couple of ideas i had:

1. diy seems to be alot more affordable for the cash, im also not affraid of working with the tools etc. then id buy a small teac amplifier, just so it matches with the rest of my kit, mac mini lcd etc.

2. buy a pair of active monitors, seems quite a few people dotted around have opted for this, is seems like a bit of a no brainer, get amplification thrown in, an accurate sound all for a pretty reasonable price.

these were my ideas but feel free to lend a hand. as always a few details.

budget, 1000% max of £300 would prefer £250, and this is for both amplification and speakers.
    the speakers are to be used intirely for music and dvds, bass is a good part to have however not essential, as the B&W's had plenty. even for dvd's i was fine, i would much prefer a non fatuiging accurate sound.

music taste, this is pretty vauge, mainly funky house some trance here and there some rock, nothing crazy heavy tho, stuff like the stereophonics etc..

ohh and if its possible small-ish the room im shifting to is not huge, but high output levels would also be nice.

thanks,

stu