• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

DOWNFALL- bluray

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
Saw this stunning film at work last night on a 40 inch lcd. I am thinking of buying the bluray but can't seem to find a review anywhere. One guy on amazon moaned about the lack of hd sound, and as i'm very particular about my blurays, i just wanted to know if anyone has this, and if it's a lot better than dvd. Cheers- Oz.

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member

TW ALBIEE

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
Oh bugger ! Ok, me and albiee are funeral directors. Sometimes it's very quiet. :oops::D

Oh bugger ! Ok, me and albiee are funeral directors. Sometimes it's very quiet. :oops::D

Don't watch 'Night Of The Living Dead' at work! :eek:

TW ALBIEE

Canary_Jules

I found Downfall to be a pleasing though not night and day improvement over the DVD release. There is a certainly increase in detail over the DVD and what colours there are (since it's mostly drab greys) are more vibrant and stable, with the scenes which take place outside the bunker benefitting most from the high def transfer. The standard dolby soundtrack is no different from the DVD and packs a decent enough punch with explosions etc. Dialogue is clear enough but obviously a PCM or TrueHD track would have been preferred. So with AQ a wash, it remains to be said that while the Blu-ray is quite a bit better than the DVD in the PQ dept it is not a top tier transfer IMO. This disc is good but could perhaps have been even better with a more detailed image and the addition of high def sound.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom