Down to 2 which one

McMav

Been looking at BD player for a while but have to be at the budget end so stuck with the choice of these 2

Sony s350
Panasonci bd35

My home cinema is getting on will do DD and DTS and I have Optical spare so can connect either.

Will be connecting this to my 40" sammy 686 (ruled out the samsung 1600 as people say its a bit picky playing BD's) probably till firmware matures.

so of the 2 above which is the faster quieter and has the better image when upscaling DVD I have a fair few DVD's in my collection though I probably wont buy dvd anymor and move to bd but I dont ideally want to have to update all my dvd to bd if I get a good upscaler.

thanks

yours in Noobness

McMav.

kingfats

Distinguished Member
so of the 2 above which is the faster quieter and has the better image when upscaling DVD I have a fair few DVD's in my collection though I probably wont buy dvd anymor and move to bd but I dont ideally want to have to update all my dvd to bd if I get a good upscaler.

thanks

yours in Noobness

McMav.

Hi McMav. :)
For DVD playback i would give the nod to the 35,couple more options which may help your needs,24p NTSC and Film bias deinterlacing.
Loading,operation speed i find the Sony slightly faster though.
All the best.

Ian_S

Distinguished Member
Do you have many R1 NTSC DVD's in your collection? If so then if your TV is 1080p/24 capable I woud recommend the Panasonic over the Sony.

If most of your DVD's are UK PAL, then I would go with price and not worry about which one you get. Both can be made multi-region for DVD if that matters.

Big_Dan_C

I've got the sony 350 and it does everything I ask of it - it does seem to take a while to get going though.

the live update thing works well with the network cable and the dvd upscaling is good.

my friends got a panny 55 and he says its mint but still takes a while to get going.

there is a well developed thread on the sony 350 can be found here

hope this short answer helps - good luck

McMav

cheers all getting swayed by the 350 at JL for 149 now as I have no R1 dvds alawys get uk pal ones so I may take the advice and get the 350 for 150 + 2 year warranty at jl.

Once again thats all for the input I love this place.

Scott_Mac

Distinguished Member

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom