1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

down loading files from remote central?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by grahamricho, Feb 13, 2002.

1. grahamricho

grahamricho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    just got my pronto,downloaded pronto edit.how do you after downloading files from remote central,open them into pronto edit.my icons are not the same yellow icon as it says they should be.when you click on them it says NOT VALID PRONTO CONFIGUATION.any help???????

2. Couch Potato

Couch Potato

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Graham,

I'm not 100% on this but I think there's a difference betwee the way the ccf's are saved for Pronto v Marantz, there's more info over at http://www.remotecentral.com any problems you're probably better off posting there.

Steve

3. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +235
    The files on Remote Central are in the zip format so you'll have to extract the files using Winzip (or any other program that supports zip files).

Both the Marantz and the Pronto use the same ccf files so that can't be the problem.

4. Couch Potato

Couch Potato

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Alan,

I've had a few problems loading up newer "Marantz" ccf's so it's not only down to extracting the file, although that would help ;)

Steve

5. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    are you sure that the file you are trying to load is the right size? If the CCF is for a 2mb remote and your trying to loadit into a 1mb remote i would imagine that you are going to have some problems - when you download ccf's from remotecentral they do say "optimised for Xmb"

Hope that helps

Gary

6. jay

jay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I have a maranze rc 5000i which i droped and the screen is cracked.I am hopeing to buy a philips Pronto will i be able to load my confi onto the pronto.
    Jay