Down Amongst The Dead Men...

Mart_73

Have left myself short of time yet again.
This results in me creeping around the local graveyard on a Saturday evening, hood up, with a flash gun tucked in my jacket & aimed at my face. The blindness is now easing off.

Click pic for exif.

Canon 5D mkII
20 secs @ f/14.0
35mm
ISO 400

Shot raw, pushed the clarity & vibrance, sharpened & resized for comp.
As ever, C&C most welcome.

Miranda

Lmao, the blindness is now easing off. Haha, sorry, but I had to laugh at that comment of yours.
I'm not sure I can say this is creepy, to me it's rather comical. But you made the effort and that always counts much in my eyes. And hoodie or not, no way I would creep around in a graveyard after dark :)
I do love that sky behind you though. I would've been tempted to crop the top right corner and use that :D

Butch499

Nice and creative, I like the idea. The brightly lit cross leads attention away from you though, so changing the crop or burning the cross in pp may have helped. Good entry! :smashin:

shotokan101

Banned
I quite like this but don't think the flash worked that well - too bright for me and agree with Miranda that it's quite comical - which is fine if that's what you were after - otherwise dial back the flash and get a shovel/spade in the shot..... :devil:

JIm

Mart_73

Lmao, the blindness is now easing off. Haha, sorry, but I had to laugh at that comment of yours.
I'm not sure I can say this is creepy, to me it's rather comical. But you made the effort and that always counts much in my eyes. And hoodie or not, no way I would creep around in a graveyard after dark :)

Thanks it was all a bit tongue in cheek. I haven't missed an entry for nearly 3 years & didn't want this month to be the one I missed!

Nice and creative, I like the idea. The brightly lit cross leads attention away from you though, so changing the crop or burning the cross in pp may have helped. Good entry! :smashin:

Thanks Butch, I was grateful for the lit cross, it gave my focus point something to pick up on & it meant I wasn't in pitch darkness down there:D

I quite like this but don't think the flash worked that well - too bright for me and agree with Miranda that it's quite comical - which is fine if that's what you were after - otherwise dial back the flash and get a shovel/spade in the shot..... :devil:

JIm

The flash was dialed down to its lowest setting but it was still kicking out a fair old punch (as my eyes can testify:D) To be fair, I only shot about 10 frames in a few different positions, as it wasn't the most pleasant of places to hang around!
I'd have loved to have got a shovel or even a scythe in the shot, but the thought of explaining that one to Devon & Cornwall's boys in blue was too risky :rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom