1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doubting for the meassures for my screen

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Frankeh, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Frankeh

Frankeh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's the first PJ I'm buying ever (Sanyo Z3), It will be 13 feet away from the screen, I'll be sitting 10 feet away from the screen.. the question is, which is a good size for a screen if I play a lot of games and I see movies? I want the full picture in my field of vision, so I don't have to look left and right whole the time. I of course don't want any SDE

Please let me know what meassures you recommend me, please be complete: say the diagonals in inch and the width + high

+ please tell me some brands you recommend me

2. Frankeh

Frankeh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anyone? :(

3. SimP

SimP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Have a look at the "What Size Screen" thread a little below this one.

4. binbag

binbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    If you've bought the Z3 already then play around with the position of it until you find a place that gives you a great picture that you are comfortable watching. Once this is set you can order (or make) a screen that fits the size of the projected image.

I'll vouch for DRH if you don't want to spend much.

5. Frankeh

Frankeh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the colour of my wall is pretty dark, color: red dark, like bordeaux
    wouldn't that be a problem?

ps: I've bought my PJ from a online shop: www.pixmania.be (I'm living in Belgium, this shop is supported in many country's..) are there comparable shops like pixmania where I could buy a decent screen? because it's hard to find one, the ones in regular shops are expensive and it's not from a brand