Double subwoofer

Peppe The Rock

Novice Member
Reaction score
I can implement my system from 5.1.4 to 7.2.4. Considering that the room measures 3.9 meters X 4.4 meters (a little more than 17 square meters), do you think there are any contraindications in coupling the more "performing" Klipsch SPL-120 to the already existing Klipsch R-100SW? (the rest of the speakers are Klipsch, driven by a Denon 4500 + behringer km750. Sorry my bad English ...

The ideal route should be two identical subwoofers. The R-100SW is not good really, very cheap build and high port tune. Keep in mind that you don´t need to stick with any certain brand subwoofer(s), there is no requirements to "match" the speakers and subs. From Klipsch the SPL-120 and SPL-150 are decent products, but lot depends of the price. Amazon.it shows 720€ and that is not good!

SVS PB1000 would be slightly better than SPL-120 with lower price! PB/PC2000 Pro even more! It seems both are available there in Italy. You could also check if you can find the non Pro model (PB2000) from sale or contact SVS asking will they get PB12-NSD available around black friday / december. It would sit between 1000 and 2000 range usually with superb pricing!

Personally i would sell the R-100SW and start from zero getting some quality product first and later add second..

first of all thanks for the reply ... r-100 was part of a kit purchased at an advantageous price: I know that it is an entry level and unfortunately I do not know how and to whom to sell it (for this reason, if it does no harm, I would like to keep it ... ); I don't have the space for a 15 "which, however, costs too much for my budget ... Very interesting the svs you mentioned which, however, cost about 200 euros more (pb1000) than the spl-120 (prices found on idealo .de) but that in fact with a 10 "driver goes down to 19hz compared to the spl-120 which stops at 24 although it has a bigger woofer ... I think about it very seriously. See you soon!
Peppe

first of all thanks for the reply ... r-100 was part of a kit purchased at an advantageous price: I know that it is an entry level and unfortunately I do not know how and to whom to sell it (for this reason, if it does no harm, I would like to keep it ... ); I don't have the space for a 15 "which, however, costs too much for my budget ... Very interesting the svs you mentioned which, however, cost about 200 euros more (pb1000) than the spl-120 (prices found on idealo .de) but that in fact with a 10 "driver goes down to 19hz compared to the spl-120 which stops at 24 although it has a bigger woofer ... I think about it very seriously. See you soon!
Peppe

You can put the R-100SW in some classified site if you have local hifi forums check those as they often has section for members to sell their audio gear. Basically any site will do where people are selling electronic devices.

PB1000 will be nice upgrade to what you have! You get long 5year amp warranty and one of the best customer service/support in the business! There is probably 5-10 reviews for it if you google and probably hundreds of youtube videos. It will be nice step to quality products. I wouldn`t use the R-100SW with it cause the SVS will be so much better in every ways.

Ok, maybe I try in my environment how they behave together ... groped costs nothing: eventually I remove the "little one" and try to sell it later ...

Thanks to everyone for the advice ... in the end, after some tests (not instrumental) I decided to keep only one more performing sub which, for my 20 square meters, is fine (xtz 10.17 edge)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom