1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Double speaker configuration on any amp?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by AlanDL, Sep 25, 2005.

1. AlanDL

AlanDL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Simply, I am having the TV and our movie screen on two different walls, with the speakers in each corner of the room (I know about distance from walls etc); I was going to set the speakers up so that the front, centre, and rear speakers relate to the wall which will hold the screen (covering partition doors), but then thought if I kept the centre speaker mobile, I could reconfigure the speakers so that the front left and front right became the front right and rear right etc (it'll work on paper): you get the idea, in effect swivelling the speaker configuration at the touch of a switch!

I was thinking of splicing the speaker cables to go to an alternate B setting on the receiver, I was thinking of getting the Yamaha 657, but the A/B speaker switching only relates to the front speakers, so even if I could wire it without blowing anything up, it won't work because the rear speakers will not be affected.

Does anyone know of a reasonably priced receiver which will have this capability, or whether there is any way of wiring the speakers so that I can have this flexibility?

2. KoThreads

KoThreads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +158
    I've had two Kenwoods that behave as your Yamaha does but i swear my old Yamaha A5 used to do it, alas I sold it about three years ago so can't check it out. I would have thought that some company must do it as a few people I've spoken to over the years have wanted this feature.