Double press to use tv

Cash56

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I am new to this forum, but having trouble with my nre TV.
Every time I use it I have to press twice on the remote to do anything, volume channels menu etc.
It is exactly the same with the sky remote.
It is infuriating as if you do not press at the right interval the third press selects or cancels.
Please there must be one of you guys who knows, yes I have factory reset hundreds of times.

Help us to help you by giving the full model number of your TV.
You'll find it printed on a label on the rear.

When you say “it is exactly the same with the Sky remote”, have you programmed the Sky remote to operate your TV?
When you setup your TV using the setup wizard make sure you don't set it to “Store mode”
Within the TV menu check if there are any accessibility options and check you haven’t turned them on by mistake.

yes the sky remote is correctly set to the tv, the tv is in home mode.
i am thinking that there is an issue with the software, as when purchased it come with the hisense soundbar, but refuses to connect with this also.
As it will automaticaly switch to the built in speakers.
Is it possible that there could be a remote control problem, as even when nothing is connected to the tv it is still a double press for everything turning on/off volum menu etc.

Yes, It's possible there's a fault with the TV, not the remote control.
How long have you had it? Look into returning it to the retailer for a replacement.

I have had the TV now for three months, bought from argos.
Not sure if they will accept a return as now they insist in seing the fault, which although is frustrating it does work.

Sometimes there is remote lag with TV's in that after pressing a button on the remote there is a frustrating delay before the command is executed, I encountered this this morning in a customer’s house with a modern Sharp Smart TV.
There is usually a TV helpline with Argos, try phoning and explain the problem.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom