Double Gem to big For new house any smaller options

funkyirishman

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok had the BK Double Gem in old house and new house room not big enough and to awkward to do wiring via the fireplace.

So looking for a subwoofer that packs a punch but is small in size. Linking it to a Denon AVR-X2500H

No budget as of yet but dont want to blow everything on it. Something decent that I can use until I can find space for the Double Gem

Any suggestions?

Have you thought placement at rear of room if possible, assuming the wiring would be easier to run there? Remember the driver doesn´t need to point toward listener so you can keep the sub "sideways" if this helps some.

Another option if you can fit the sub at front and you don´t have problem with the power cable connection, but rather with the sub cable. Wireless kit might save you then. Don´t have much knowledge of these, just that they work best close to each other (receiver).

Have you thought placement at rear of room if possible, assuming the wiring would be easier to run there? Remember the driver doesn´t need to point toward listener so you can keep the sub "sideways" if this helps some.

Another option if you can fit the sub at front and you don´t have problem with the power cable connection, but rather with the sub cable. Wireless kit might save you then. Don´t have much knowledge of these, just that they work best close to each other (receiver).

Would wireless kit work with double gem if so that would be perfect. Would be less than 10 feet apart. I have the woofer in place it's the wiring that's the problem.

If these wireless kits would be perfect

Would wireless kit work with double gem if so that would be perfect. Would be less than 10 feet apart. I have the woofer in place it's the wiring that's the problem.

REL subs come with a (somewhat expensive) wireless kit called the Longbow, can be fitted to any sub with the i after the model number.

Call the dealer tomorrow and have a chat! It should work with the 3meter distance if you keep both devices on sight so they "see" each other.

REL subs come with a (somewhat expensive) wireless kit called the Longbow, can be fitted to any sub with the i after the model number.

Thanks but a bit expensive for what I require

I would also recommend the monitor audio wireless kit.
I had a similar issue with having to place the sub in the back of the room which made cable management difficult.
The monitor audio kit works great , very happy with it overall in it was cheaper than the comparable offerings from svs etc.
I've noticed no change vs using a regular cable , you just have to let the amp set the distance on autocalibrate. I've had no issues with connection but have heard line of sight between the transmitter and receiver is needed.

I would also recommend the monitor audio wireless kit.
I had a similar issue with having to place the sub in the back of the room which made cable management difficult.
The monitor audio kit works great , very happy with it overall in it was cheaper than the comparable offerings from svs etc.
I've noticed no change vs using a regular cable , you just have to let the amp set the distance on autocalibrate. I've had no issues with connection but have heard line of sight between the transmitter and receiver is needed.
Yes went with the monitor audio wireless kit waiting on delivery

Problem is won't be in direct site of each other so hopefully no problem

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom