Double Garage door opening options - manual - any ideas?

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a double garage with an up and over sliding mechanism. Sadly its annoying me because when its open, it obviously restricts the height of the room a lot, and it means I can't store tall objects (Such as weight machines with tall stacks) in the room easily. I'm therefore contemplating getting rid of it.

What're my options for a manual hinge door for the garage? I don't really want it just split in half and opening because the doors will be massive when open and encorach on the drive. Are there two doors attached by a hinge which I can buy either side so they're folding?

I've tried to search online but every retailer has simple hinge designs in two or they really push the up and over, or the electronic shutters.

I want to keep it looking traditional, definitely don't want electric shutters (we have them in our factory lol). Any suggestions please?

There are roller shutter options which do take up headroom but only at the door itself

There are roller shutter options which do take up headroom but only at the door itself

I'd rather. I think they'll be expensive and they don't suit the look of the house I'm trying to go for (traditional). They did cross my mind though as they're ideal use-case whilst but they're less than ideal looks and budget wise.

All the options I find online are for a single garage :(

Actually wow, they do them in oak and look very pretty. >.>>>>

I'd rather. I think they'll be expensive and they don't suit the look of the house I'm trying to go for (traditional). They did cross my mind though as they're ideal use-case whilst but they're less than ideal looks and budget wise.

All the options I find online are for a single garage :(
I had my double garage converted from two single doors to an electric roller and it was fantastic. Best upgrade I made to old house.
They come in any colour you want!

New house has a sectional electric which takes up same room as an up an over but at the side I have bi fold doors. Maybe this is an option for you if you want or need manual operation?

Attachments

• 20210906_175432.jpg
    20210906_175432.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 51
  • 20210906_185935.jpg
    20210906_185935.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 20210713_145512.jpg
    20210713_145512.jpg
    386.7 KB · Views: 53
I had my double garage converted from two single doors to an electric roller and it was fantastic. Best upgrade I made to old house.
They come in any colour you want!

New house has a sectional electric which takes up same room as an up an over but at the side I have bi fold doors. Maybe this is an option for you if you want or need manual operation?
WOW that is a STUNNING garage mate!! so much natural light pouring in too!

tbh mate.. i wanna go hinge just cos its a gym, need easy access/one door... but i got a builder to price me up and its higher than i wanted it to be so a bit stuck now

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom