Double exp event plus other bonuses 4th - 8th sep!!

fewie225

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

So to celebrate Labor Day here in the US and the fact that the GOTY Edition of Gears 2 is hitting store shelves next week, we figured it's time for another weekend event including a Game with Developer.

The details of the event are:
The event will run from Friday morning, Sept 4th till Tuesday morning, Sept 8th (Eastern time)
Double experience for all Horde games and Public multiplayer games
Winning team gets a 500 xp bonus in Public multiplayer
Public Horde will default to Hardcore difficulty instead of Normal
Horde will be infected with Sires, just like the Ticker attack of July 4th
Hardcore Horde (Public or Private) will receive an extra experience boost (essentially double Hardcore will be the same as double Insane)
As for the Game with Developer, the event will run on Friday September 4th from 5 PM till 7 PM (Eastern). I'll post more info about this part of it once I confirm exactly which gamertags we're going to use.

I hope everyone had a great summer and I looking forward to sending it off with a bang!

The above taken straight from official gears 2 forum! 500 exp bonus for the winning team is a nice touch, and bonus exp for hardcore hoarde is good, if I understand him correctly then it'll be worth 500 exp a round! Good for boosting your rank! Might get to 50 after all!

Sweet that means I could get 1500 points every 5 mins by completeing waves 1 -3 on nowhere, bonus. I played a couple of games last week which wasn't to bad so im looking forward to getting rid of my my rank 56 :thumbsup:

Yeah wave 1-5 rinse and repeat seems like a good way to rank up to me! If you want rid of your rank 56 I'll gladly take it!

Yeah wave 1-5 rinse and repeat seems like a good way to rank up to me! If you want rid of your rank 56 I'll gladly take it!

If it was that easy I probably would as I doubt i'll be getting level 100

good news :)

Any map suggestion for horde solo run to grind exp?

Security/ complete wave 1/ jump in lasers/ restart from beginning.

On your own you can do a wave in about a 1m to 1m30s on your own, but with a team of 5 you can do it in about 30-40s apparently. Obviously, killing yourself in the lasers means you don't have to go on in the menus as much, and repeating wave 1 this way is quicker than doing waves 1 to 3.

However after doing this for half an hour you will want to kill yourself.

Just play guardian with a ham-bam; much more fun :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom