Double DIN recommendation

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by mrapoc, Jan 31, 2014.

1. mrapoc

mrapoc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello

What kind of double DIN is recommended nowadays? I like my gadgets and I'm a bit of a techie and i'm after a solution as an alternative to using a horrible aux 3.5mm cable

Looked at the appradio 3 which looks cool, I have a rooted nexus 4 but the whole compatibility between phones seems dubious at best.

Not really bothered about video playback (you drive, not watch a film lol) but bluetooth streaming and built in charging/usb storage access looks cool. I love great sound quality and will be connecting to a subwoofer.

Appradio is tempting though for the mirror technology (unless other DINs can do the same thing - onscreen google maps! woop!)

Cheers

2. Aashiq

Aashiq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I'm a big fan of pioneer, 1 st questions are what car??? What price??? Then are you fitting yourself or getting it fitted. I'd recommend the avh x8500bt pioneer

3. mrapoc

mrapoc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Its for a Fabia VRS 2005 plate. Price wise about £200 seems about right. I'll be fitting myself.

Plans for it after a bit of thinking would be to connect up a USB hard drive (rear usb is a must I suppose cause I want it nice and tidy looking) and be able to browse and play folders

I'd also want to be able to bluetooth my phone to it so calls come through automatically

Do the same as the external hard drive only with bluetooth (browse and playback device over bluetooth - no wires!) with some nice album art :)

Oh and the possibility of linking to streaming services excites me - spotify or the like!

Not fussed about dvd playback or sat nav. The appradio 3 looks really nice, but I feel its going to have compatibility issues in the future when it stops being developed for.

I suppose the best way to sum up is do everything I can direct through the headunit without faffing with phone controls, mp3 players etc. and without horrible cables and stuff sticking out the front :p

4. Aashiq

Aashiq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Sorry for late reply

The iphone app was down.

Check out the avh x8500bt. got everything the appradio has but also a hdmi input. the front is all clear apart from a few buttons on the bottom

5. petrolhead

petrolhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +125
    But not for £200??

6. Aashiq

Aashiq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    No not for £200 but check eBay you might find it cheaper. I'd pay a little more and get the best