Question Double Din Mechless Headunit with DAB and Navigation and Apple Car Play

halda

Standard Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of a double din head unit Kenwood, Pioneer or Alpine that is mechless, but has DAB and navigation and car play. I have an older Kenwood with DVD that i never use and a seperate add on nav. Hoping to upgrade but can only find head units with dvd players that meet the rest of the criteria.

With CarPlay, consumers with iPhone 5 or later, including iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus and the latest version of iOS can use Siri voice control to make and receive calls, compose and respond to text messages, use Apple Maps for navigation and listen to their music libraries and podcasts

JVC m730 bt is mechless and cheap and car play, which should do apple navigation.
No dab, am thinking and external dab would work?

With CarPlay, consumers with iPhone 5 or later, including iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus and the latest version of iOS can use Siri voice control to make and receive calls, compose and respond to text messages, use Apple Maps for navigation and listen to their music libraries and podcasts

Yes I know all that but I specifically want a stand alone navigating separate from phone. Same with DAB when I could play internet radio from phone.

JVC m730 bt is mechless and cheap and car play, which should do apple navigation.
No dab, am thinking and external dab would work?

No DAB and no Nav so really doesn't fit the bill unfortunately.

there is one but it's got a dvd player..compromise..

there is one but it's got a dvd player..compromise..

Looks like I will probably end up with another one with a did player that I don't use. Just the extra cost seems like would be better if could be avoided.

there aren't any which meet your exact criteria..there the closest I've found..

Yeh it's quite annoying that there are no mech less with DAB and nav.

when they refer to mechless i believe they mean no cd mech not dvd mech...

I think it just means no moving mechanism which cuts down on parts and less moving things increases reliability. Means you can have a lighter much shallower unit.

Fancy some thing like that in my grand c max 2013. But want to use reverse cam and steering controls I already have

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom