1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

double albums in sonicstage

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by ElmoP, Jun 20, 2005.

1. ElmoP

ElmoP
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Does anyone know how to enter a double cd album as one track in sonicstage? By best of bowie and hot rocks have just ended up as two seperate albums.

It would be better to have them together on one track :)

Cheers

:smashin:

2. scottydog

scottydog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The only way I have found to do it is to use 'properties'. You need to highlight all the tracks then right click over them and rename in there. Then click on 'Tracks in the Compilation'.

You also need to renumber each track in the 2nd album so that they follow on. So if the last track on the 1st album is 12 then the first track of the 2nd album will be 13. Do this in properties for each individual track. SS3.1 plays havoc with them if you don't renumber.

For some reason doing this throws the album into the 'others' section in SS3.1 rather than under the artist name. If it happens to you then go into properties for the whole combined album and select the artist name and alphabetical letter it is to appear in.

You may also have to delete the original album. It seems to create 2 by doing this.

It sounds long and complicated but it isn't really. My laptop does it in seconds but I have heard some say fiddling with properties takes ages for them.

Paul

3. meddyliol

meddyliol
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    :clap:

You could import both CD's into My Library and then right click on each imported album and change the properties so that they both have the same Title/Artist etc. Another way would be to rip the CD's using dBPowerAmp Music Converter then combining them into one folder on your hard drive. Then use the Import Music Files option.
    I have just started using the VAIO Music Transfer software from Sony. You simply make a compilation album up on your hard drive and then drag it into the VAIO window.

Hope this helps, give me a nod if you need any further help.

:devil: