Dopesick (Disney+/HULU)

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
The Opioid Crisis drama- 13 October

Stars Michael Keaton, Peter Sarsgaard, Kaitlyn Dever, Will Poulter, John Hoogenakker, Rosario Dawson, and Michael Stuhlbarg. and more

From executive producer Danny Strong and starring and executive produced by Michael Keaton, “Dopesick” examines how one company triggered the worst drug epidemic in American history. The series takes viewers to the epicenter of America’s struggle with opioid addiction, from the boardrooms of Big Pharma to a distressed Virginia mining community to the hallways of the DEA. Defying all the odds, heroes will emerge in an intense and thrilling ride to take down the craven corporate forces behind this national crisis and their allies. The limited series is inspired by the New York Times bestselling book by Beth Macy.

Little bump as first 3 episodes have been released today.

Looks like it could be very good, and a fantastic cast.

Is anyone else watching this on Disney Plus right now?

Very eye opening on the machinations of "Big Pharma", and their relationship to the regulators, especially regarding the opioid crisis.

2 episodes in - pretty decent so far.

Is anyone else watching this on Disney Plus right now?

Very eye opening on the machinations of "Big Pharma", and their relationship to the regulators, especially regarding the opioid crisis.

2 episodes in - pretty decent so far.
Only had time for one, will get to rest eventually

Mrs wasn't that keen on the first episode, so I watched it on my own. Really enjoyed it, if that's possible due to the subject?

Depending how true the events were actually portrayed, Purdue Pharma & the Sackler family were truly evil sons of B****ES! Shocking state of affairs and the US political system doesn't come out of it too well either.

A really good watch.

Very interesting to see different peoples awful journeys hooked on this drug as well as how devoid of any empathy the family making it were.

It’s certainly interesting and upsetting at the same time, seeing users affected by it, and to think this really happened :(

I spotted this last night funnily enough. Hoping one of the guys throws up a review, as I've got so much to watch right now. But it is sounding very promising.

I've watched all the 8 episodes and it is truly fantastic. The more you watch, the more you cannot believe how Purdue, the FDA and certain American government officials let this drug continue to be used and sold for such a long period!!

8 episodes? Is this being released an episode a week in the UK then?

Started this today. Halfway through the 3rd episode. I've read articles on the subject before and it is as the series makes out :eek:

Started this today. Halfway through the 3rd episode. I've read articles on the subject before and it is as the series makes out :eek:
You want to watch the last series of Goliath on amazon prime same subject very good series

I'm right upto date very good series can't wait for the next episode

Amazing show. So well made and probably one of my favourite shows in a long time.

Brilliant show, a pain to wait each week for a new episode.

Great show just watched another episode tonight I'll have to wait another week now:(

I'm 2 in and absolutely hooked. I'll need to check out how accurate it is but will probably wait until it's over as finding out it's overly dramatised "for effect" would just put me off watching.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom