• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Doorbird TV or Google Home Hub Integration

Jtlox

Novice Member
I have a doorbird doorbell which currently integrates to Loxone speakers which makes a sound when the doorbell is triggered.
The next step is to have the trigger, display an image or stream video to a Sony android tv or to the Google home hub. I am currently using openhab (and would prefer to continue using this) to chromecast using the video.cgi link. However, I have a few issues:

1) the http webhook that you configure in doorbird, you can only trigger one. (at the moment I'm using it to trigger the loxone speakers)

2) the actual video stream doesn't chromecast. I'm thinking this is to do with the supported encoding. Although it could also be that the url itself isn't supported by the chromecast plugin.

Has anyone managed to successfully stream doorbird using chromecast and if so, if they could share the code?

Also any other suggestions on how to do the same thing as well as solve the doorbird single http issue.

Kind regards,

Jatin

xxGBHxx

This made me smile this morning ;)

This is an incredibly specific request. Wouldn't it be better asked on the Openhab forums or if one exists the Doorbird forums?

There MIGHT be someone here who has one of these doorbells of course and I'll go off happily with my tail between my legs but I suspect you're going to struggle to get help for something so specific for a fringe product.

G

Jtlox

Novice Member
You never know, someone might have done something different. I've noticed that no one seems to have streamed the video. Some have managed to get an image displayed but using overlays.
Thanks, I was meant to post on that forum as well!

Jamie

Distinguished Member
also any other suggestions on how to do the same thing as well as solve the doorbird single http issue.
Just thinking out loud here but if you're using a hub (openhab) then the doorbell only needs to trigger an automation on the hub, so if you could use the webhook functionality as a trigger for openhab and then openhab executes the various actions you want to happen.

I use completely different hardware but that's what if do using my own choice of hub (hass.io on a raspberry pi)

That's presuming of course all of your devices involved are supported by openhab.

Jtlox

Novice Member
Thanks Jamie. That is a good idea. I think that would be quite simple to do. Sadly the chromecast problem is still the main issue.
I think Ring have solved this. Hikvision should have as well but strangely can't find anything.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom