Doom: Eternal (X1)

Id Software and Bethesda showed off Doom Eternal yesterday with new gameplay, My god it looks good, proper assault on the brain, This game would perfect for Xbox to pair up with Keyboard mouse and a good FOV slider.

Also Doom has gone or is going into Gamepass so I'll be trying that again in 4k

Never mind.
Just seen an email from Amazon updating the delivery date to 22 November 2019

Delayed until March 20th 2020.

The letter from Bethesda..

Throughout the development of DOOM Eternal, our goal has been to deliver a game that exceeds your greatest expectations across the board.

To make sure we’re delivering the best experience — for DOOM Eternal to live up to our standards of speed and polish — we’ve made the decision to extend our launch date by a few months to March 20, 2020. We know many fans will be disappointed by this delay, but we are confident that DOOM Eternal will deliver a gaming experience that is worth the wait.

In addition to shifting the
DOOM Eternal launch date, we’ve made a couple other changes we wanted you to know about:

• Invasion Mode, which will allow you to enter another player’s game as a playable demon, will release as a free update shortly after launch.
  • DOOM Eternal for Nintendo Switch will release after the other platforms. We will announce that date in the future.
  • DOOM 64 will be available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC in addition to Nintendo Switch. We are adding DOOM 64 as a pre-order bonus for DOOM Eternal on all platforms so you’ll be able to download and play this classic game, for free, just for pre-ordering DOOM Eternal. DOOM 64 will be released on March 20, 2020 on all platforms.
We are grateful to every DOOM fan for your dedication and support – we can’t wait to rip-and-tear right alongside you

Last edited:
Really looking forward to this, still undecided on Xbox One X or PC! Guessing X version has HDR which may sway me. Been playing the 2016 version recently the online is actually really fun and addictive. I know eternal has a 2 v 1 mode, are there plans to add a traditional mode in?

I pre-ordered it on the X, after looking at the 2 editions available I decided to go for the standard edition because I didn't think some retro weapon sounds and a skin was worth the extra £25 asking price for the deluxe edition.

More bad news...

How is a BattlePass bad news ?
Assume it's not compulsory to purchase so how is it bad ?
I am a little shocked that you don't know why seeing as your a gamer and must read about this kind of stuff, it's a manipulative way to put children and their parents under pressure to spend money.

Loot boxes, microtransactions and now battle passes are not a good thing for any of us into gaming.

Think for me when i hear battle pass it means they are focusing more on MP than anything else. SO i just hope the SP of it doesn't take a hit because of that.

I am a little shocked that you don't know why seeing as your a gamer and must read about this kind of stuff, it's a manipulative way to put children and their parents under pressure to spend money.

Loot boxes, microtransactions and now battle passes are not a good thing for any of us into gaming.

Loot Boxes yes but Battle Passes and Microtransactions I have no issues with. I have purchased BP for Fortnite, COD and Apex and have no issue with them. Its all cosmetic and you know what your getting. Where as Season Passes before you rarely knew what was included and was forced to buy if you wanted to play with friends that had it or the latest maps.

I read many stories but it's down to the parents to manage better imo. People buy the BP so it's an incentive to add into the games and if it pays for future maps and DLC then I'm fine with it. As long as SP and MP is fun like the last game then I have no issue with it. Until we have an all Digital Gaming Future this will happen to fund the 2nd hand market.

Its better than loot boxes and online passes imo.

is there any information on the multiplayer side of things? what modes and can you play with friends on one team say? sorry i haven't played doom sine the 360 days

Wrong music for the game in the ad.

is there any information on the multiplayer side of things? what modes and can you play with friends on one team say? sorry i haven't played doom sine the 360 days

No idea if there is going to be more modes but this is what I have seen so far.

Not something I would play but can't wait for Single Player

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom