DOOM Eternal (TBC)

Any tips for Icon of Sin?
Seems to be a gigantic bullet sponge unless I'm doing something wrong. Not even knocked off a piece of its armour due to the flood of enemies you have to deal with as you kite around the arena looking for an opening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally beat the Icon of Sin, only took me a week! Was on Nightmare difficulty and I'd always get him down to the last chunk of health before dying.
Frustrating boss but glad to finally finish the game. Great Doom experience, different from 2016, more frenetic and arcadey. Prefer the level design in Eternal. Works better with the gameplay than 2016's levels.

Edit - For the first phase the most important weapon and ammo type was the BFG in its primary firing mode to knock off pieces of his armour. Follow that up with the Chain Gun in turret mode if you've got the space to manoeuvre.

Second phase: the Heavy Gun's missile mode was vital to winning this fight as it enables you to get in lots of hits from all over the map quite quickly. For the BFG I went with its alternative firing mode which you get from beating all of the purple slayer gates. Does a ton of damage. Best used up close to the IoS.

Rocket launcher pretty ineffective against him and you can't lock-on to him for some reason. Super shotgun was hit and miss for me. Ballista is good for hitting him from anywhere on the map but seemed to do very little damage for each shot which also takes an age to reload. Tended to avoid the ballista.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been looking forward to this game for so long and pretty disappointed in it in some aspects. The gameplay, graphics and such are awesome but the level of difficulty is horrible. Can't even make it through as tried for hours. Feels like the easiest difficulty should just be on the hardest difficulty. Is there any updates in the work?

Did you go back to it? Which level were you having trouble with? Bit of a different approach to 2016 but once you find your rhythm with the ammo mechanic it gets easier. Also grenades are so important imo in Eternal.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom