Quantcast

DOOM Eternal Review (Xbox One) & Comments

Slinkywizard

FPS is one of my least-favourite genres, just below cat sims and Belgian platformers. But I must say this is an absolutely outstanding videogame.

THX1138UK

It's worth noting that you have to sign up for a Bethesda.net (ZeniMax Media) account before you can play 'Doom Eternal' - even if you only want to play the Single Player Campaign.

I read Bethesda's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, and there is absolutely no way that it's acceptable to me.

I purchased 'Doom Eternal' through the XBOX online store. I've requested a refund from Microsoft for my purchase.

This is a worrying and unacceptable trend if you care about about how *YOUR* personal information is being used and sold.

Regards,
James.

Last edited:

Spoonman2

The story is superb, the online leaves me dead cold.

So will finish the story and sell on, as bought on disc

King Tones

Distinguished Member
It's worth noting that you have to sign up for a Bethesda.net (ZeniMax Media) account before you can play 'Doom Eternal' - even if you only want to play the Single Player Campaign.

I read Bethesda's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, and there is absolutely no way that it's acceptable to me.

I purchased 'Doom Eternal' through the XBOX online store. I've requested a refund from Microsoft for my purchase.

This is a worrying and unacceptable trend if you care about about how *YOUR* personal information is being used and sold.

Regards,
James.
Can't you just play it offline ?

THX1138UK

THX1138UK

Set your console to offline
That's a good solution for others, but I'd rather get a refund.
Point of principle for me.

Thanks & regards,
James.

rowedav

Distinguished Member
Fired this up for the first time last night since July 2017! Didn't get very far initially (only at Foundry) before I must have got occupied by something else and have been back since. Gonna start chipping away at it now that I've finished Control and Ori in the past couple of days.

Edit: wrong thread entirely (whoops!)

Last edited:

HeavenlyWarrior

Woke up on payday saying I'll hold this off until I get the new Xbox in November.

I lasted until midday.

Don't regret a single moment playing it, but man, it is hard!

Indiana Jones

I have been playing on average one level every few days and god damn it’s fun but can always be control smashing difficult especially the slayer gates but I keep coming back to it so obviously I love it really.