Quantcast

Doom: Eternal (PC)

mr_yogi

Loving this game, just changed the GTX1070s to an RX5700XT, everything Ultra Nightmare at 1440P and a constant 90FPS (max adaptive freq of my monitor) 😎

I agree it is a lot harder, currently on Hurt Me Plenty but might have to adjust that downwards lol. I do like that it forces you to use more interesting weapons more often but I am worried what happens when I meet somthing nasty and I have no ammo left :facepalm:

messenger

It is much harder. Also the additional requirements mean there is a lot to learn.

You really have to use chainsaw for ammo as ammo is more scarce, you have to Glory kill for health and the flamethrower is useful too, but I find that harder to combine in.

Key for me is using grenades and reducing their cooldown (upgrades), use one (frag) swap to Ice, as they have separate cooldowns.

Also using dodge is essential for staying alive.

It feels like Hurt me Plenty is the level of Nightmare on 2016
Thanks for your tips, i'll try them out.

But wow how little ammo is there.

silvercue

Distinguished Member
Thanks for your tips, i'll try them out.

But wow how little ammo is there.
It feels like you are running out or low very often. I think the game designers have added in the low level trash zombies to be seen as interactive ammo/health/armour drops. Kill them with the chainsaw/glory kill/flamer to get the resources you need. So you do have to use the chainsaw sometimes to replenish stocks.

Game is magnificent though :)

Rog69

Distinguished Member
I'm impressed at how well this runs on my ageing PC, I was really on the fence about buying it when I saw the minimum specs (which I barely scrape through on) but running it at 1080p with just the default settings it is buttery smooth. Just made it to the first slayer gate, holy crap is that some intense gameplay.

sykotik

I can't believe bethesda doesn't have cloud saving this day and age !!!!!
been playing this on my 4k tv and (rig: 1)
just loaded the game up on my other (rig :2)
only to find i have to start the game again as there is no game saved in the cloud, WTF really !!!!🤬

silvercue

Distinguished Member
I can't believe bethesda doesn't have cloud saving this day and age !!!!!
been playing this on my 4k tv and (rig: 1)
just loaded the game up on my other (rig :2)
only to find i have to start the game again as there is no game saved in the cloud, WTF really !!!!🤬
can you copy save file?

mr_yogi

Not sure , will have a look today , ( couldn't be bothered to look last night )
Hardware Unboxed said in their Doom Eternal video that they couldn't just copy their save game backup over when the save file currupted, and had to replay through to the point they were benching.

So if you can it's not a straight forward fix.

sykotik

Hardware Unboxed said in their Doom Eternal video that they couldn't just copy their save game backup over when the save file currupted, and had to replay through to the point they were benching.

So if you can it's not a straight forward fix.
It's not a big deal tbh , just as well i started it while on the 4k pc , and not the little monitor ..:smashin:

looks soooo good on the big screen !!!!

Last edited:

huxley

Can you play the single player on this without the Bethesda log in? Seeing lots of conflicting info on this.

silvercue

Distinguished Member
Can you play the single player on this without the Bethesda log in? Seeing lots of conflicting info on this.
There may be a way, but I launch from the Doom Desktop shortcut rather than open Bethesda launcher and it always opens the launcher first

sykotik

Was playing this last night , and got notification saying something about been not connected to the servers , after finishing my sesh , i looked and seen an option to re-connect to the servers ,

so , yes you can "offline" just not sure how tho ,

why ask about been off line ? ( you limited or no connection to the servers )

silvercue

Distinguished Member
But oh my god, I'm on the second difficulty level, like the second one after the easiest and it's already hard
I am at a point (must be near end) that it is harder than Nightmare, which was the hardest level in 2016 (apart from same difficulty with perma death).

You do get an option to use enhanced armour at a point, but I am struggling to see why that is in the game when you can just reduce the difficulty anyway.

There is no way I am letting this game beat me into turning the difficulty down! :D

Last edited:

huxley

Was playing this last night , and got notification saying something about been not connected to the servers , after finishing my sesh , i looked and seen an option to re-connect to the servers ,

so , yes you can "offline" just not sure how tho ,

why ask about been off line ? ( you limited or no connection to the servers )
I just don't want to be giving away information / signing up for more crap.

sykotik

I’m not doubting that. This just seems like another windows live disaster waiting to happen.
Probably , but for the moment it's works and and the games plays very well .

a one off game with bethesda ain't killing to kill your PC :D

Rog69

Distinguished Member
Has anyone else run into the rocket launcher bug? At the point in the game where you first find it, if you quit before making it to the next check point then you don't have the launcher when you reload and can't get it back unless you start the whole chapter again. Bit annoying that.

silvercue

Distinguished Member
The fight I am on at the mo (must be v close to end) is so damn hard. I refuse to use Sentinel armour though, will smash my monitor up before I stoop to that.

sykotik

Finished. They have achieved really good things with this game. Highly recommend it.
I'm loving this at the moment !!!
been a loooooong time since i'v really got stuck into a game , ( not sure how far im off finishing it - just about to go "haden" )

definitely worth buying !!!