Don't understand

A

asteri

Hi

I may be being really think.... :D

I have just visited movie tyme website and am about to buy spiderman dvd, but don't understand the difference between us widescreen and canadian widescreen (apart from prices obviously!!) Could someone please explain the difference and tell me which is better?

Thank you

asteri

the majority of canadian discs now include bilingual covers (ie have writing in both french and english) many people (including myself can't stand these covers which sometimes look very cluttered and messy from a design standpoint) so I order US discs instead.

Originally posted by asteri
Hi

I may be being really think.... :D

Not really :D

James ... majority? I don't recall a single R1 Canadian DVD (from both Movietyme and Play) that have French cover content that is intrusive.

Is it a matter of certain studios/distributors (i.e. smaller/independent ones) taking this approach?
:confused:

new legislation introduced in Canada in the last couple of months mean EVERY release should feature bilingual covers from now on, before that it was a safe bet that any New Line release (and one other studio) would release bi-covers.

I hardly received any with bilingual covers up until a few weeks ago but now every one I get from play has french on it. which is why I have started using movietyme more often.

Two titles on the discs spine is intrusive anyway you look at it as for the front and back covers I just don't like the presence of two titles and two descriptions and features lists, it looks cluttered.

Originally posted by James45
new legislation introduced in Canada in the last couple of months mean EVERY release should feature bilingual covers from now on

:( :mad: I'm off to Canada for xmas, was hoping to pick up some bargains!

Taz.:cool:

Taz, you'll get bargains, but not consistent DVD covers.

Anyone know what sort of price I'll be paying for a new DVD in Canada? (sorry to hi-jack:blush: )

Taz.:cool:

Taz
My dad has just come back from canada he bought me Lord Of The Rings from over there and said he paid $26.00 for it thats about £10.50 I think.
Now If only he had bought me a film I hadnt already got:rolleyes:

Pulp Fiction CE, and Blade II, are prime examples of bi-lingual covers. WOW i hate them..............:mad:

Kev

It's not just the bi-lingual covers for the likes of Pulp Fiction that suck either. Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown both have TERRIBLE cheap nasty packaging for the Canadian versions which I sadly got.

Compared to my USA Reservoir Dogs they're just pathetic.

Chris

I got the Canadian version of ET and EVERYTHING is in English and French on the front cover (which does look pretty crap) i must admit i never paid much attention to until i read this thread.
I watch the movie not the cover.

That's a fair point about watching the movie not the cover but its just one of those little things that bugs me. BTW my Canadian Blade 2 was English only... weird!

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom