Don't understand why I can't get ITV and C4

DEEP PURPLE

Standard Member
Reaction score
Moved house recently and ever since can't get ITV and C4 through my Sagem HD-D45 G4 which has a built in freeview box, but my daughter on her cheap CRT telly with a seperate Thomson freeview box can??? The house uses just the one aerial. Any clues anyone???? I've tried reinstalling all the channels numerous times but no luck.

I cant get itv or Ch4 on one of my sets either. i put it down to a long cable run to the offending tv and marginal signal strength to begin with. My local installer wants me to upgrade my aerial.

I put it down to not having a powerful enough ariel, and the box being a better tuner so it copes or maybe you got water damage like we had

Moved house recently and ever since can't get ITV and C4 through my Sagem HD-D45 G4 which has a built in freeview box, but my daughter on her cheap CRT telly with a seperate Thomson freeview box can??? The house uses just the one aerial. Any clues anyone???? I've tried reinstalling all the channels numerous times but no luck.

I take it that means both you and your daughter are in the same house and both using the same aerial connection in different rooms.

If this is the case then the co-axial cable to your TV maybe has a longer cable run. Long cable runs attenuate the aerial signals so there may be little or no signal left by the time it reaches your TV. (2) The cable connection to your TV may be faulty.

To elimate your TV being faulty try this TV at the same point as your daughters TV. Switch her aerial cable over to your TV. If it works OK then the cable, or its long length to your viewing point is the cause. Try a new cable length, try a TV booster at the point the aerial splits between the two rooms.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom