1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dont they want their tv back?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by spocktra, Jan 3, 2005.

1. spocktra

spocktra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    As a follow up to a previous thread ,i am still stuck with a panasonic 32pd30.It was due to be returned a month ago.After several phone calls and a few e-mails nothing seems to be happening.They happily refunded my payment and delivered my new set but dont seem interested in picking up the first one.I expained that it is getting in the way at home and said if it wasnt picked up by the end of the year i would get rid.

2. FMC

FMC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Phone them up and tell them your going to stick it outside and leave it if they dont pick it up.Make sure its not on your land ,its not your problem after that.

3. Crocodile

Crocodile
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,715
    I know it's a pain, but in order to protect yourself from any comeback you should write to them, quoting your previous correspondence & giving them 10 days notice to collect the TV. Stipulate a date 10 days from the date of your letter so that there is no possibility of them claiming they thought they had more time. State clearly that if they fail to collect within this timeframe then you will consider that they wish to transfer ownership to you & that you will dispose of the set as you see fit. Send this recorded delivery, track it on Royal Mail's web site & print off a copy of the receipt once it's been signed for. Also keep a copy of the letter.

It would probably be a good idea to check with you local trading standards office to verify your intended course of action in case they have other relevant advice.