1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't swear

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by stefire27, Jan 6, 2005.

1. stefire27

stefire27

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :hiya:

Trying to get my head around buying a plasma and to prove how much i don't know was going to buy a package from tiny.com,

I'm looking for a 42" plasma and will be watching sky, dvd, vcr and normal tv.Their is so much out their, such as component connections rather that scart, 1024x768 pixels for new signal, built in tuners, 3000:1 contrast, 1000 nit, check small print for replacement in the occurance of burn out, formats etc etc
    Blows the mind.
    Don't want to spend thosands but want to build up a new entertainment system but if needed will go up too £3500 pushing £4000 if misses doesn't see.
    basically 42" plasma to watch tv,dvd,sky and vcr
    new sound system, vcr (misses request if i'm spending so much) and dvd recorder
    I may just be able to sort the stand and table out myself.

Please help if you can teach me a bit more :lesson:

Cheers

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    choices are a pioneer 435FDE Plasma TV and amp, speakers or a Panel and gear to go with it......... needs some research and demoing tho... Where are you based???

3. stefire27

stefire27

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    staffordshire

4. SKA.face

SKA.face

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just remember one thing,if you end up buying cheap,you end up paying twice,get the best you can afford,or your missus allows.

5. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    What a lot of people tend to forget is that they are not just buying a plasma panel, but they are also buying the electronics that sits behind the panel, converting the video signals into signals that drive the panel. Just as with PC's, the speed of the chips that you get is largely dependent on how much you are spending. Many people have bought cheap displays thinking that all displays are basically the same, only to find that the slow electronics can produce some very frustrating screen effects. It's best to compare screens side by side if possible, and better to wait for a quality screen than skimp on a cheap one because (as others have already said) you'll end up buying twice.

6. stefire27

stefire27

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    so far so good, didn't buy from Tiny and people are having problems, is this just bad luck or something in it? :laugh:

I'm starting from basics now. 42" panel what make pioneer maybe as laready suggested

7. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    NEC/Pionner or Panny PHD or perhaps FUJITSU

8. madasahat

madasahat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hitachi pd4200 is a brilliant pannel :clap: :clap: :clap: