Don't Online shop's want my money?

tel999

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, i've selected the TV I want and went hunting for a good price online. I've found three online shops with a good price and e-mailed all three to check on:

Their returns policy on a set that I considered 'Faulty', mainly stuff that could be a problem with the set that i've read on here

and

Their policy on Dead/stuck pixels.

That was 6 days ago.

How many responses have I had so far....I'll leave you to guess :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

It has been the weekend and two bank holidays to be fair mate. Although to be honest I do find that alot don't bother replying anyway. Who have you tried? Do the website's not state the returns policy?

Why not pick up the telephone and ring them?

Why not pick up the telephone and ring them?

Because I can state exactly the questions I want via e-mail and the person replying can give a considered set of answers.

If it was Officeworld and I wanted to know if they had any Bic pens in...I'd probably phone, but, a £2000 TV it's nice to get stuff in writing.

I've had one back anyway:

" Any item purchased from us that develops a fault within the first month will be exchanged.
After the first month, the item will be repaired under the manufacturers guarantee.
Dead pixel policies vary from each manufacturer, & should be contacted direct for full details."

Thats one I can scratch off my possible list.

Well under the DSR you can send items back quibble free within 14 days of purchase.

Doesn't matter if they don't accept returns for stuck pixels etc, it is the law.

Howdy, Games Guru is right, in a way. The returns policies or the distant selling regulations never allow for a 'try before you buy', or for you test it to see if you like it. Return an item in the condition it was delivered, is the usual requirement. The DSR was designed to let you change you mind on a purchase, rather than test drive anything you want.

As for dead pixel policy, if retailer is clear enough to advise that they will be guided by the manufacturer, they have at least replied. There is always masses of stuff on websites, from buying guides to general sales terms and conditions, its always worth looking them up, especially as it is a declaration on the retailers part, you can usually find some help there. That's the bit you get in writing, open to everyone.

It is great to see some sites 'opening' their answers for all to see, especially technical stuff, i think its maplins do it.

On line companies must get stacks of crap, they need to sift the questions and judge the response.

I can hear it now....'we put that info on the site, why don't they read it?'.

Selective response is understandable (especially as the prices are probably a lot less than the 'red tops', product knowledge anyone?), as well as the fact that the lowest price gets the least valuable customer.

....Now I'll stand back.....

Howdy, Games Guru is right, in a way. The returns policies or the distant selling regulations never allow for a 'try before you buy', or for you test it to see if you like it. Return an item in the condition it was delivered, is the usual requirement. The DSR was designed to let you change you mind on a purchase, rather than test drive anything you want.

As for dead pixel policy, if retailer is clear enough to advise that they will be guided by the manufacturer, they have at least replied. There is always masses of stuff on websites, from buying guides to general sales terms and conditions, its always worth looking them up, especially as it is a declaration on the retailers part, you can usually find some help there. That's the bit you get in writing, open to everyone.

It is great to see some sites 'opening' their answers for all to see, especially technical stuff, i think its maplins do it.

On line companies must get stacks of crap, they need to sift the questions and judge the response.

I can hear it now....'we put that info on the site, why don't they read it?'.

Selective response is understandable (especially as the prices are probably a lot less than the 'red tops', product knowledge anyone?), as well as the fact that the lowest price gets the least valuable customer.

....Now I'll stand back.....

No need to stand back, very valid points there.

I've just been pondering another aspect of 'trying before you buy'....(i've had beer and am just enjoying this as a 'what if' thread now..... :D )

Checking Goods when they are delivered for faults before you sign the delivery paper..........

""Damaged goods can only be claimed if the goods were signed for and noted to be damaged with the driver. You may be required to sign for your goods when they are delivered. You will be signing that you have received your goods in good condition, so please check them before you sign for them or sign for them unchecked. ""

So if one was to sit the Delivery driver down, unpack the set, plug it into your AV setup and check for every fault people have found with the said set. Would the driver have to wait until you signed the paper and if not what rights do you have if they are signed for 'unchecked'? :devil: Or indeed the driver leaves without you having signed? :devil: :devil:

That beer stuff causes dangerous bouts of lateral thinking, beware.:rotfl:

I know from personal experience that many companies would struggle to produce the piece of paper you sign, regardless of the problem you encounter.

The driver may be a little 'surprised' though.

'Get comfy, this could take while....'

Well under the DSR you can send items back quibble free within 14 days of purchase.

Doesn't matter if they don't accept returns for stuck pixels etc, it is the law.

I think you will find it is NOT fourteen days.

So if one was to sit the Delivery driver down, unpack the set, plug it into your AV setup and check for every fault people have found with the said set. Would the driver have to wait until you signed the paper and if not what rights do you have if they are signed for 'unchecked'? :devil: Or indeed the driver leaves without you having signed? :devil: :devil:

Ha ha ha. I think the driver would tell you to get stuffed and stick the telly back on the van :rotfl:

All you should be checking for is that the parcel hasn't been damaged in transit. The transport company isn't responsible for the goods being 'of mechantable quality'.

no they dont want your money ,they want to shift boxes with no hassle at all.minimum effort maximum profit.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom