1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't laugh -my new Daewoo TV!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Majik, Oct 27, 2003.

1. Majik

Majik
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I went against some advice, but my wanton for size (ahem...) and the cost factor means I went and ordered a Daewoo 32" Widescreen flatscreen a few eeks back and it has now been in the flat for five days.

I am no expert, but I know a reasonable picture quality etc when I see it, and this TV has it! The image is crisp and sharp (especially through the DVD player) and the TV is so god that I can use my PC thorugh the SVideo and actually read the text without going blind!!! All in all a great set - two scarts (One RGB, one SVideo/Scart) and a side input (SVideo, composite A/V).

It has a slight whistling from the capacitiors which is noticiable when you first walk in the room, but this is a minor thing really.
    The cost?

Are you ready for this?

At my local Stage Two....£449 :) Including stand.

Cop that.

Majik

2. phenom2003

phenom2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Makro do plenty of 32'' with stands for under £400, but you have to have a trade card.

3. Majik

Majik
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I had a look at them, but they seemed goldfish bowl like. The Daewoo is a true flatscreen!

Majik

4. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,975
    Why laugh? If you are happy with your purchase then you can, yourself, laugh at all those who paid several hundred pounds more for a badge on the front that says <Sony> <Panasonic> <any other highly regarded and expensive brand name you can think of>.

IMO the 'lesser' brands are often woefully underrated by many people, including reviewers, seemingly because they are just that - lesser brands. It's not many years ago that 'Samsung' were a lesser. True, they aren't YET seen as on a level with the Sonys and Panasonics, but IMO their products are on a par, sometimes better, and are typically less costly. They are clearly catching up in the minds of 'people'. It's only a matter of time.

5. Majik

Majik
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Absolutely Nigel. Couldn't agree more. I feel the same in that I am on a VERY limited budget, so when I find something I like, regardless of make, I'm happy to expel it's virtues to everyone. Unfortunately, not all of us can spend a grand on a TV, no matter how much we love our movies!

Majik

6. Radiohead

Radiohead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +433
    interesting to see that Sony have today announced the shedding of 20,000 jobs and a £2bn deal with Samsung to produce CRT's.....I have a Sony TV bought because of picture quality, but would have no problem buying another brand that offered quality and looks.

Apart from Bush. And Alba.

;)

7. phenom2003

phenom2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Or any manufacturer (except goodmans) on this screen.

8. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,934
    didn't know JCB made Tv's?