1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't go painting my wall .....

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by Feersum enjinn, Jul 2, 2002.

1. Feersum enjinn

Feersum enjinn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, actually, yes go painting my wall. I decided to paint it for my projector until i can afford a proper screen.

I tried to paint it yesterday with spray paint :) but realised it was radiator paint and just reflected the light back onto my face *grins* waaaay too shiny.

So the master of disaster is trying again this evening .........

I have NO idea what to use, but i noticed i get a great picture on my present yellow wall which uses 'silk' paint.

So ....
    1) Do i go for pure white? (or will it at least be suitable)

2) Do i just get 'silk' or shall i go for 'matt' - i assume vinyl is no good and too shiny. What 'type' of paint do you suggest?

Any other tips would be very helpful indeed.

2. Bert Coules

Bert Coules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    I'd definitely recommend matt rather than silk. If you do a search through the different forums for subjects like "grey or white" and "DIY screen" you'll find lots of (conflicting!) advice on what type and colour of paint to use.

Bert
    http://www.bertcoules.co.uk

3. Peter O Sullivan

Peter O Sullivan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just have to say I totally agree with Bert. A matt grey will help incresing the picture quality with dark sences. This is useful for more LCD projectors,than CRT's or DLP's, as the blacks displayed aren't the best. The shade of grey is up to your opinion of which looks best.
    I have a white screen at the moment but had the wall painted grey beforehand and it looked really good. Still haven't bothered to paint the screen though.