• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Don't call me soft !!!

Jonstone

Prominent Member
I tried to do some nice arty shots for this month but it just didn't seem to work when the subject is a plastic fork so here is my entry which is just a bit of fun.

3996445498_ccc16a77ec_b.jpg

You can still be hard even when you're made of plastic.

Details here

Crushed the blacks a bit and changed the colour more towards red to give the metal fork a 'bloodied' feel

mark800

Distinguished Member
A wonderfully creative shot, and it really works for me. It's simple but there's a lot going on too. Depth of field is brilliant - absolutely spot on, with the main subject in sharp focus and a nice blur to the second subject (but you can still make out what it is). I really like how you have introduced colour. The orange against the black background looks great, and some lovely texture is introduced. The lighting in the scene is excellent. I love how you've done the lighting on the main fork, with the hint of colour on the edge, and the highlights on the second fork. I'm clutching at straws to find anything on this one. The only thing I can think of is to remove some of the dust/marks in the lit part of the background/carpet, and there's some hairs/dust on the main fork. This is extremely good.

Jonstone

Prominent Member
The only thing I can think of is to remove some of the dust/marks in the lit part of the background/carpet, and there's some hairs/dust on the main fork. This is extremely good.

I know about the hairs etc, it was just a spur of the moment idea and I just grabbed what was to hand (in this case a dusty blanket off the sofa) as I didn't have much time.

I find that sometimes if I take too long to prepare the shot I tend to overthink it and over complicate it, although I could have fixed a few of the issues in lightroom afterwards I admit.

Last edited:

shotokan101

Banned
I like this too - very unusual approach :smashin:

It kind of made me think of Uri Geller....... :devil:

Jim

shotokan101

Banned
Do you think my wife would believe that he came round for lunch whilst she was out and thats why all the forks in the house are now bent?

I think this months photo comp may cost me a new set of cutlery :)

Lucky for you it was cheapo bendable stuff then :devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

...anyway you can still use the plastic forks :smashin:

Jim

Last edited:

shotokan101

Banned
Well we both have photography as a hobby so we can't afford expensive cutlery or anything else for that matter. :)

Yes - and what use is cutlery if you've already sold off the plates anyway ? :D

JIm

iandrews

Prominent Member
Great idea :thumbsup: and well taken. Like the colour of the face and pipe cleaner. If I did have anything bad it would be the carpet / background to the left of the bent fork is a little off putting, while the rest of the background is black.

Ian.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom