DON'T BUY THE CHEAP PLASMA POSTED BELOW FROM promactech.com

Reaction score
They have registered themselves under a address which is actually another shop. They are simply scamming you out of your money. And that cheap plasma for less than £30 was supposed to attract people to their site, they would simply not send you anything and take your money, also most their prices are lower than any other shop you can find... BECAUSE THEY'RE FAKE PRICES. Once again do NOT shop there.

I tried to post this information in the actual thread but it got closed, and I forgot about it. Well done for mentioning it, I did the same research and the website if I remember correctly is owned by a guy in California

Well dodgy

Steer clear :nono:

the payment page also has no ssl cerificate, so if you enter your credit card details they won;t get encrypted

Hi
I have just check domain ownership, details below:
Domain Name.......... promactech.com
Creation Date........ 2008-12-08
Registration Date.... 2008-12-08
Expiry Date.......... 2009-12-08
Organisation Name.... Steve Rhodes
Organisation Address. P O Box 99800
Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. EmeryVille
Organisation Address. 94662
Organisation Address. CA
Organisation Address. US

Moderator - If this is not allowed please remove.

Last edited:
As bad as the Chinese websites that accept Western Union.

Website is slow, I've seen faster on a 56k dial-up connection.

Last edited:
Hi
I have just check domain ownership, details below:
Domain Name.......... promactech.com
Creation Date........ 2008-12-08
Registration Date.... 2008-12-08
Expiry Date.......... 2009-12-08
Organisation Name.... Steve Rhodes
Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. CA
Organisation Address. US

Moderator - If this is not allowed please remove.

Are those details fake, shall i give them to the police?

i don't think they do know, because when i talked to the guy of the real store, he said when he contacted the police they didn't who or where the guy is and they are investigating it. But is it possible for those to be fake details?

I think they have a couple of other domains popping up, similar top prices, ie 20% cheaper than the cheapest rivals, DIGITALTechMart.com took the line of pretending they didnt have to pay VAT, and only accepted credit card and paypal for returning customers, new customers had to pay through bank transfer, what a blatant scam. They had 2 customer service numbers on the site though, think its the same people

I'm not sure what we can do about this; but I'm sure that as Google seems to love these forums, pretty high up on a search for Promactech, this will show up :smashin:

Good work on the topic.

If you google promactech.com, this topic comes up on page one, clear as day.

i know this is like shutting the gate after the horse has bolted but for gods sake guys always use a reputable site and preferable on that has a phone number that you can actually use we are a community here and no one likes to here that someone has been ripped off

Hi all,
I spotted this offer a couple of weeks ago and made the mistake of filling in my details.
Typed in the card details and it came up, "Wrong card number" and so it was, completely wrong so I did it again, 9doh) and it said, "please try another card" so............
I Stopped because I AINT THAT BLOODY STUPID!!!!!!!

Couple of days later I get an email from Halifax to say my online secure password has been reset. So I ring them up and tell them it certainly wasn't me as I was in the shower at the time and no I didn't just place a payment for £55.

Then I start getting phone calls asking about the Honda CRV I have for sale on Autotrader. At first I thought this was just a typing error in the phone number but to cut a long story short the £55 was a payment to place an Ad in Autotrader for a car and the details were all mine except for the house number and email address.

Good news is Halifax inadvertantly caught the scam and I got my money back, a new card and no more issues. I did however have to contend with about 70 phone calls for the car I wasn't selling.

Oddly enough, it took me about 5 mins to make the link between the two transactions, and a couple more to link the website to an email address held by Autotrader. So who do you think ws interested in this information on Card Fraud, identity fraud and a Car Sales Scam? Autotrader? Halifax? The Police?

You guessed it.. NOBODY. It would be so simple to have followed it up and put the links together and even more simple to have set a trap. Oh well.

Interesting....
A mate of mine was looking at Autotrader the other week and came across an Audi Q7 for a crazy cheap price. Sent the guy an email and he said

"I'm in Spain and so is the car. I have a contract with a shipping company though and they'll ship the car to you and you'll have to deal with them. Go to their site and speak to them on live-help."

Cargo Comercio - Ship to any location,any corner in the world (or www.escargocomercio.com - now closed down)

The thing is, this site is registered to:

Organisation Name.... Jean Morisset
Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. CA
Organisation Address. US

Clearly a scam, and clearly related to the above scam.

I just had a credit card statement with loads of Autotrader transactions on it. I've had the card cancelled etc now thankfully.

I suggest that anyone who tried this website with their card, check statements asap and request card be cancelled.

:mad:

Hi all,
So who do you think ws interested in this information on Card Fraud, identity fraud and a Car Sales Scam? Autotrader? Halifax? The Police?

You guessed it.. NOBODY. It would be so simple to have followed it up and put the links together and even more simple to have set a trap. Oh well.

I think you have been watching too much of The Bill, that show is there to make you think the police are actually involved and thorough like that, when in real life they just don't give a damn.

I think you have been watching too much of The Bill, that show is there to make you think the police are actually involved and thorough like that, when in real life they just don't give a damn.

Your 100% right on all acounts. Its because of the financial crisis thats going on at the moment. The CPS wont prosecute anybody without it being an open and shut case. So if its going to take time, and time = £ its wont happen

In regards to the autotrader scam, the car being in spain etc. I was reading on the ford fiesta forums that some guy noticed his car for sale on autotrader, so he e-mailed about it etc, and got the same usual spain information, he was following it up the last I know, not sure how it's progressed as lost the thread. Anyway it was because he'd posted pictures of his car on the web, without covering the number plates.

Friend of mine was a copper and he was dealing with a visa card fraud for around £25k. He'd reached and end of enquiries and contacted Visa security to see if they wanted details.

They replied "No thanks. We're only concerned if the amount exceeds £50,000."

There you have it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom