1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

don't believe the hype!!!!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Dannykos, Mar 31, 2003.

1. Dannykos

Dannykos
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    so, after the PSU going bust on my panny 100 - and then having been repaired.... i mistakenly thought all would be well - afterall, how many repaired PSU machines have gone wrong??? well - mine has just gone - again :rolleyes:

exactly the same symptoms as before - dull picture, pulsing image, have left it on so it can finally kill itself, before i scream at some poor unsuspecting customer services bod at panasonic in the morning.....

THIS IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

currently its got 104 hours on it - i mean, its not like its been used much in the 11 months since it was bought, so what possible causes are the gonna come up with?? i wouldn't mind if they were able to give me some advice as to how to avoid this - i.e. you MUST use a power surge protector.... or whatever....

so - here we go again.... another 2 weeks without my panny - get it repaired - and then, who knows??? how can i ever feel confident in this product? sure the picture is great (for the money), and of course - they are fairly fragile - but come on panasonic.... surely this product is not fit for the purpose it was sold for! i'm gonna demand a 200 or 300 as replacement - goods to the value of what was originally paid for.

someone please post some messages of comfort.... :confused:

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh dear, not good news :(

Yes, projectors are "delicate", but the AE100 seems to be plagued with problems.

I hope Sean G/ Tim etc.. DO start a campaign for an extended warranty with Panasonic on this unit. Loads here now finishing their 12 month warranty.

Best of luck with a solution guys - at least my HS10 is 100% A/OK.

NOT

:hiya:

3. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Dannykos,

Bummer !!! That's got to be spectacularly bad luck - you should ask Panny for a replacement entirely, there may be some other component weakness which is causing the power supply to go.

By any chance do you get power spikes in your area ? You'd notice by lamps, room lighting going very bright momentarily ?

That's two members with AE100s down at the mo....:rolleyes:

Hope you get sorted out soon,

Sean G.

4. calibos

calibos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Don't forget me Sean!!:D Entering my third PJ'less week:suicide: :(

5. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Keith, do Panny have the PJ at the mo' ? Hope you're wearing out the phone geting them to make a decision......

Keep the faith,

Sean.

6. Jonny1973

Jonny1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My AE100 was collected today to be repaired for the same problem.

It's only 8 days (and 5 phone calls) since I first called Panasonic's morons to have it collected. I've been projectorless for 10 days already and the repair hasn't even begun.

Last time it broke, I was without for 3 months.

Maybe we should all contact the BBC's Watchdog programme to force Panasonic to admit that there is a problem.

If other manufacturers £200 monitors can have a 3 year swap-out warranty, why does a £1500 Panasonic projector only have a 1 year Return-To-Base Warranty?????