Quantcast

Don't ask people their opinion, just don't.

Sonic67

Banned
Remember Boaty McBoatface?

Or this one:

MP calls Radio 4 listeners 'bastards' over vigilante vote

"It was trailed as a "unique chance to rewrite the law of the land". Listeners to BBC Radio 4's Today programme were asked to suggest a piece of legislation to improve life in Britain, with the promise that an MP would then attempt to get it onto the statute books.

But yesterday, 26,000 votes later, the winning proposal was denounced as a "ludicrous, brutal, unworkable blood-stained piece of legislation" - by Stephen Pound, the very MP whose job it is to try to push it through Parliament.

Mr Pound's reaction was provoked by the news that the winner of Today's "Listeners' Law" poll was a plan to allow homeowners "to use any means to defend their home from intruders" - a prospect that could see householders free to kill burglars, without question.

"The people have spoken," the Labour MP replied to the programme, "... the bastards."

Having recovered his composure, Mr Pound told The Independent: "We are going to have to re-evaluate the listenership of Radio 4. I would have expected this result if there had been a poll in The Sun. Do we really want a law that says you can slaughter anyone who climbs in your window?""

Now we have this, from someone so left wing she'd fly like an Oozlum bird. She's Labour, surely if she wants to list a religion to vote against it would have been Judaism?

Also for the TIL thread in General Chat, I now know what LGBTQIAPK is. At first I thought she'd fell on her keyboard.

upload_2018-3-21_22-25-17.png

"I realise my mistake and I'm honest enough to admit it. I shouldn't have even put Islam as an option in the poll. I'm sorry to all those I may have offended. Believe me, this wasn't what I wanted."

Marv

>Islam biggest threat to Briton
>I'am ashamed of the British Public

This my friend is because your head is in the sand. Pretending a problem isn't there and going after people that disagree with you dos'nt work.

weaviemx5

Distinguished Member
>Islam biggest threat to Briton
>I'am ashamed of the British Public

This my friend is because your head is in the sand. Pretending a problem isn't there and going after people that disagree with you dos'nt work.
Are you sure it's not basic grammar that's the biggest threat? (sarcasm before the grammar-nazi comments :rotfl:)

Cliff

Distinguished Member
Edith Llwellyn Holmes.:eek: She is surprised at the 67% Islam vote and it's all down to the Daily Mail and Farage? Anyway Islamaphobia will be a thing of the past when Corbyn closes down the media he doesn't like and Farage becomes insignificant ;)

Sonic67

Banned
Do a vote, don't like the result. Can't you keep re-running it till you get the result you want?

Sonic67

Banned
I'm not sure if people do or do not realise Edith Llwellyn-Holmes is a parody account

She or "Zhe/Zher" is not real
It seems to come up a lot in the posts underneath. I wasn't sure if that was definitely the case as worryingly these days it wouldn't surprise me if it was genuine.

Marv

Have seen simler people get triggered on fb and twitter when polls they post don't go there way. Claim they've been hijacked but tag people in them that they know will vote there way.

krish

Distinguished Member
Just going down the timeline, tweet after tweet, it becomes obvious (although Zhis/Zher profile is a giveaway too)

this one just made it too obvious for me:
spoof tweet.jpg
Have seen simler people get triggered on fb and twitter when polls they post don't go there way. Claim they've been hijacked but tag people in them that they know will vote there way.
Or perhaps they're spoof SJWs triggering you, just as Edith did. Don't worry you're in illustrious company ... e.g. that dandy, Paul Joseph Watson.

Last edited:

rancidpunk

In Memoriam
It does show that the far right are three times as gullible as anyone else.

Cliff

Distinguished Member
But back OT, the Radio 4 poll shows that the general public have opinions which outrage an MP like Stephen Pound.

How can this be, when the MPs are supposed to represent the voting public?

We even have a term for the majority getting it wrong...'The popular vote'.

krish

Distinguished Member
That Radio 4 poll (from 2003 btw - poll closed 31st Dec) was never a rig-free poll managed by a professional pollster, just an easily manipulated internet and phone vote, so its results were never representative of the public. Also appeared to be a last minute rush of support, as happens with fan-voted entertainment awards.

EDIT ...
looking back at that political/media experiment, it was rather elitist, since hardly anyone knew about it except for Today listeners

Last edited:

Marv

Her account seems to be along the same lines as Based Barry Stantons twitter.

Marv

Feel sorry for the guy who's photo they used though, now he's getting aload of grief.

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
I follow Southend News Network on Facebook and it is hilarious at some of the responses from barely literate morons who don't realise it's a parody account.

rancidpunk

In Memoriam
^^^ yep was a parody racist/far right Brexiter
- nobody was sure if he was a creation of the left or right, same as Edith ... probably from someone in the centre with a good (imo) sense of humour
I was about to post similar. The Stanton tweets seemed to be designed to expose morons on both side of the political spectrum. Even after it was revealed to be a parody, people still wanted to argue/retweet. Twitter's an odd place

krish

Distinguished Member
I follow Southend News Network on Facebook and it is hilarious at some of the responses from barely literate morons who don't realise it's a parody account.
I was on the official Oasis e-mailing list around 95/96 and decided to have a bit of a laugh sending a few incendiary messages with what would be called fake news these days, from a fake email address (piss easy to do on Lynx/Mosaic/Netscape at the time) ... the only one I recall that really wound so many up was posting news that they'd be supporting Bon Jovi on their UK stadium tour