1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Donnie Darko Dutch R2

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Zog, Apr 24, 2003.

1. Zog

Zog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Believe this has a DTS soundtrack. Is this worth the search? And are the dutch subtitles removable.

2. Whatts

Whatts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. jmcr100

jmcr100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    They are removeable!!! It does have a DTS soundtrack but I wouldn't buy from DVDzone because they have a terrible reputation. If you want it I can get it for you and post it!!!
    It's 19.99 euros here in the shops

4. jmcr100

jmcr100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Please ignore the previous slating of DVDzone2 - I had another company in mind who's name is nearly the same (French company). I believe the shipping costs are pretty reasonable too. There are far more films here released with a DTS soundtrack than in England so sometimes it's worth searching.

5. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Zog,

I haven't heard the DTS on the Dutch release, but I'm willing to bet that the differences will be marginal over the DD soundtrack since the DD soundtrack is excellent :smashin:

6. jdanielp

jdanielp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    hmm, i don't know if anyone else agrees with me but i found the DD sound on the R1 Donnie Darko DVD to be rather unimpressive, other than when Frank talks which is fantastic. the music in particular just doesn't seem very well defined especially when i turn the volume up a bit, compared to the likes of the excellent sound that i get from the Fight Club or Star Wars DD soundtracks.

i suppose it mostly comes down to how well the soundtrack is transferred; i am sure a DTS soundtrack could sound poor in the same way a DD soundtrack can sound amazing although the reduction in compression of a DTS soundtrack has to be a factor in how well things sound (e.g., comparing MP3 to CD music). the DTS discs i have heard have all been very good though whereas DD discs tend to be somewhat variable which is tempting me to order the Dutch Donnie Darko DVD just to see how it compares...

7. Zog

Zog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Before this dives off into another DD v DTS thread I'm gonna go Dutch !

Its only 50p more than the cheapest price I can find anywhere.... so nowt to loose really.