1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Donnie Darko - Directors Cut

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by realslimcookie, Aug 31, 2005.

1. realslimcookie

realslimcookie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hello,
    After watching Donnie Darko - Directors cut for the second time i have to say i am still none the wiser. Great film, great cast and a cracking story but i still don't get it. I should but i dont. What are peoples thoughts on the film and on the story.

Regards,

Realslimcookie.

2. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    I have only ever seen the directors cut, but its my understanding that ..

You get to see what would have happened to him had he not been in his room when the acident happens. Its all about destiny and predetermined timelines and what happens if you dont follow that predetermind path. I dont actually think at the end of the day that you really are supposed to get it complety :eek:

3. huwg

huwg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +121
    Don't think this contains spoilers, but just in case .....

I've visited several sites, and some allude to him having super-powers (super strength, manipulate time etc). indicating that it actually happened :- parallel universe, tear in time, parallel universe will collapse unless he completes the loop etc :eek:

....end of possible spoiler

I generally feel cheated as the official website provides more info which is required to solve the riddle. IMO all the necessary info should be in the film, (a la Usual suspects & 6th sense)

4. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    HI,

I've only seen the original version of the film, and I thought it was total pants! A shockingly bad film, that was hyped to the max by critics, and yet does and says absolutely nothing.

The only saving grace, was "Mad World" the song appearing towards the end of the film. Other than that, a waste of celluloid!

Pooch