• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Dongle confusion!

rotund

Standard Member
I've just ordered an LG 550 3D tv, and LG 660 network bluray player, and a dongle.

I've got loads of music and DVD/vob/iso files on a NAS drive, connected to my wifi router, from which I stream the music to a sonos system.

Question is, which should I connect the dongle to, if I want to watch my NAS files, and take advantage of all the smart tv stuff on the telly and the bluray player? Do the tv and bluray player somehow share the Internet connection, or will I need a dongle in each?

Cheers un advance

Chris

MarkE19

I don't know your devices but you will need to check the manual to see what formats the media player of them supports. It is possible that few or even none of the video formats are supported, it is very unlikely I believe that the ISO's will be playable.
Both the TV & BDP being LG there is a good chance that they support the same formats - if so then I would put the dongle in the TV so the BDP doesn't need to be on as well as the TV for watching video stored on the NAS.

Mark.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom