1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Domoino 55m opinions please

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by rob13a, Mar 8, 2005.

1. rob13a

rob13a

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, I`m interested in the domino 55m but I can not find reviews for this monitor anywhere on the web. Is anyone able to rate this unit. All comments will be appreciated.

2. St_ve

St_ve
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think it's on sale in this country UK pobably get a lot more info in the American forums

3. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498
    I have seen a 55' Sim2 dlp set at the hifi show at the end of last year and i must say I wasnt impressed. The picture was very dull and it looked like you were viewing the set through a set of tights. It was as thought the screen was made out of dirty glass. To be honest I was very disapointed. Not what I expected at all. 4.5 out of 10

4. garylloyd

garylloyd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    The the sim2 dlp monitors looked damn good at the bristol show,I do not know models were on display though.
    Gary

5. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    Got shown the Sims at Sim HQ a few weeks ago, excellent image. Very clean, high contrast and good overall detail. With the Big Grandview ones I think there is quite a bit extra in that price for the very cool assymetrical box it comes in, the Domino's get so very nearly the same image for quite a bit less... Don't be put off comparing specs with other RPTVs, for instance the 1800:1 contrast figure is as good as calibrated (and actually hits nearer 2000:1) where the 3000:1 crowd actually calibrate to around 1600-2000:1. Processing is tighter in the Sim with just about no artefacting and a good feel of foreground to background detail. M version is the non-TV one so I don't have to start slagging off the terrestrial picture!! It is a lot to spend though given the range of circa £2k TVs out there, for me I think the increase in colour and grayscale accuracy and processing is worth it, but I do recommend demonstration before you buy. Take some fav DVDs, but also get a look at Sky or Freeview since this will be the more frequently viewed material.

6. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    Have just seen your post about viewing in the South. Sim2 are only up the road from you, about five minutes before Uckfield just off the main route from Brighton to sunny Tunbridge Wells...

7. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498
  8. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    Sorry I don't know Razor, only saw them at Sim2s place recently. Had never given them a proper look before then except back at CEDIA Brighton when they were running on older chipsets. Loewe set I haven't seen either so I'm not much help I'm afraid.

9. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498
    Ok so these are newer chipsets? I havent seen the Lowe set either, I love their normal crt sets. Good looking as well.