1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Domino20 quick advice needed

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by gandley, Nov 9, 2003.

1. gandley

gandley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +269
    I have found a domino20 at quite a good price but have been informed it has one lazy mirror. it has a high bias so will fire ok on bright scenes but on darker it flickesr gray.
    but the guy said it will be unoticable becuase it is below centre which generally dosent get lit up.

im not a DLP pro so if any one can tell me if this sounds right or if im best staying clear i would be grateful

but it is £500 pound cheaper.

2. Boris Blank

Boris Blank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    Believe me, you will wish you had spent the £500 extra once you spot where the problem is and then can't help but notice it every time you watch a movie with a night/dark scene!

Your eyes tend to concentrate on the center of the screen - below center could mean one inch below or 2 feet below! If the mirror is at the very bottom of the screen I'd possibly take the chance but only after I had seen it in action. If its anywhere near the center of the screen, forget it.

It might not bother you today, it will a week/month/years time.
    Paul

3. gandley

gandley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +269
    PaulB.

thanks for input.

Ill chat further with the company to ascertain exactly the proplem in more detail.

But as a guide i appreciate your input. Nice one

4. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can/will have an effect (detrimental) on the resale value should you wish to upgrade down the line.

:smoke: