1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Domino Upgrades

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by TT9, Feb 14, 2004.

1. TT9

TT9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Another poster has mentioned very subtly that Sim are preparing to offer digital inputs in their Domino range of projectors. I have not been able to find any confirmation or denial of this.

Does anyone know if this is true. Will current owners be able to get the mod !? I am very happy with my Domino 30 which is as magnificant a picture as I have seen with a digital PJ. If there was a recall option I would take up just for the option in future and thinking one day resale (when I can afford the 3 chipper :devil: ).

Thanks and Regards,
    Steve.

2. Paul Hayward

Paul Hayward

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +160
    Hi Steve,

I think it is highly likely that you will be able to upgrade your Domino 30 with HDMI. SIM2 are quite excellent at providing after sales support for their projectors and they are one of the few companies to still provide software upgrades relevent to even their older stock like the venerable HT300. However, it is essential to watch out for confirmation of this by the manufacturers before jumping for joy. Good luck and do invite me round when you get the 3 chipper!!!!

Best Wishes,

Paul H

3. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    A PR was quoted on AVS some days ago of their announcing HDMI support.

4. TT9

TT9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your replies guys. I will go and search on AVS and see if i can find the PR.

Regards,
    Steve.

5. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,004
    I spoke with AlanR at SIM2 late last week. I believe that upgarades will be available to current HDMI spec. They are working out pricing just now I believe.

Gordon

6. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Sorry, I should have posted the link .. here

7. IanW

IanW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +152
    Spoke to a guy from SIM2 @ Bristol show today about this, he said that the HDMI Domino 20 would be available soon (possibly an extra £500 on current price), and SIM2 "could do retro fits, although this would probably not be announced as this would cause too much work for factory, however, if customers were to pursue then it could be done, but price has not yet been decided".

Ian.