1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Domino 30h with Denon 3910

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Gerryb, Dec 14, 2004.

1. Gerryb

Gerryb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, new to the forums. Just replaced my ht200 and denon 2900 dvd player , i am currently awaiting delivery of the Domino 30h. I want to replace my 2900 with the denon 3910

Has anyon tired the 3910 with the Domino 30 ? If so what did you think ?

Will the above two be future proof for sometime or is their something just around the corner ?

Thanks

2. AD Roser

AD Roser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    We have the 3910 at our offices and we have tested it with all SIM2 units and I am pleased to report that all is well. The Denon has HDMI and DVI, set the output to 720p and the projector to 'pixel to pixel' mode and you will have a great picture. Ensure the Brightness is set correctly (about 46) alternatively you can try the Enhanced Black on the Denon.

It's a great combination, have fun and welcome to the SIM2 club -enjoy :thumbsup:

Regards

Alan Roser
    SIM UK Ltd

3. MJeeves

MJeeves

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +218
    Hi Alan,

How do you feel the Denon 3910 performs with your products compared to my Pioneer 868? Any improvements noticed with the Denon over the Pioneer.

Thanks, M.

4. gandley

gandley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +269
    AD

Does the sim2 pjs reconize the correct colour space when using an upconverted signal from any upconverting dvd players.
    As there does seem to be quite a few displays that get confused and apply the wrong colourspace matrix to an upconverted SD signal as it thinks its a true HD signal and applies rec 709 HD colour space and not the correct rec 601(resulting in the dreaded green push and darker colours)

(is there a manual way to force colour space?)

I havent noticed it on mine but a reassurance would be nice.

5. gandley

gandley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +269
    the combo works great so no worries, The only thing that will make it non future proof will be the arrival of HD-DVD/blueray which is a few years off jut yet(for mainstream not introduction) as for the PJ it will depend on when true 1080 res Pjs hit the market. word is late next year early 2006, but they wont be cheap. the Domino 30h is a great PJ and not too much outlay.

I would only consider the optoma H77 as an option. try and demo one of these to compare as i think they hit in the same price region and have a much higher contrast ratio. Oh and they are quite good