Domino 30H problem - red LED flashing

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by boslaw, Mar 20, 2005.

1. boslaw

boslaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The red LED is flashing on my Domino 30H (green LED is off). The manual indicates that this is an "internal circuit error". Anyone have any idea what the problem is? I have had the projector for almost one year but I haven't used it more than 10 hours yet (lots of work going on at the house so the projector has remained in the box for most of the time).

Thanks,
    andre

2. AD Roser

AD Roser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Andre,

It looks like your lamp may have failed, please return it to your dealer so we can take a look at it.

Regards

Alan Roser
    SIM2 UK Ltd

3. boslaw

boslaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply. Should I send it to my dealer or to the Sim2 rep in the US? I would think the Sim2 rep as it's been almost a year - sounds like warranty issue to me.

Regarding the warranty, I did not receive any warranty paperwork with my projector - is this typical for Sim2? Where can I find the warranty info?

Last question - is the lamp a user servicable part (after the warranty expires)? Can you provide instructions for opening the pj and getting at the lamp? I'm hesitant to open a projector that costs several thousand dollars, but I don't want to be at the mercy of the dealer after the warranty expires.

Thanks. I love the picture quality of this projector and I recommend Sim2 to all of my friends who are thinking about buying projectors.

4. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Andre

I think Alan thought you were in the UK.

I would contact your dealer in the first instance as he should be able to sort out any warranty issues and get your unit up and running again.

Re. changing the lamp, I offer this service free of charge to my customers. See if your dealer will do the same.

Jeff :rtfm: