1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Domino 30H : extra dash line output

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by cyberjogger, Jul 18, 2005.

1. cyberjogger

cyberjogger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi all,
    Just installed my new Domino 30H but have one (small) problem.

testing most of the picture formats (normal, panoramic, etc.) and reading PAL DVD, I get an extra blank dash line on the upper part of the screen, half of the left large side and above the video and whatever the lens shift is. (I have just used the sim2 at default, out of the box settings).

DVD player (Philips 720SA) is directly connected to the VP through component cables. I did'nt get this problem with the same DVD reader and my previous VP.

Has anyone had a problem like this before?

Is there some user setting on the sim2 30H to fix this problem ?

Any help would be much appreciated

Gerard.

2. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Gerard,

Try the Auto button at the bottom of the remote.

If that does not clear it, go into the menu and select position which will allow you to move the image up/down/sideways. This should take the dotted line out of picture area.

Jeff

3. cyberjogger

cyberjogger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Jeff for your advices. I ‘ll try them next week-end and return on line next monday to give you a feedback

4. thedoc

thedoc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    IIRC These dash lines are something to do with macrovision pulses & projector sync (or should I be saying slight-mis-sync?)

What make/model source are you using?

I used to have terrible trouble with my Denon 2800Mk2 until I re-programmed my remote system to turn the DVD player on, then the projector. Because the projector syncs automatically to the source input as part of it's boot up procedure I don't get the issue any longer.

5. cyberjogger

cyberjogger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Jeff and thedoc, here is the feedback :
    The good tip is selecting position in the menu : vertical up from 42 (initial setting) to 43 : this takes the dotted line out.
    Pushing the Auto button or turning the DVD player on before the projector, have no effect; Pushing the auto bottom from the 43 value, resets the value to 42 and the dotted line appears again
    Once more thanks for your help :thumbsup:
    Gérard