Dismiss Notice
We're migrating the forum software to the next major version and this will require the site to be down for the best part of Monday 16th.
More details here. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Domino 20 Not Starting

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Slate8, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Slate8

Slate8
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had my Domino 20 from new for just over year now and it's been fantastic. When I went to turn it on last night, the bulb did not light up. All the fans run, and it makes the sound of trying to start the bulb as it usually would, but the bulb never comes on.

I've only used around 1,000 hours on the bulb and am not sure if it's usual for the bulb to go this soon.

Does anyone have any suggestions of what it might be, and where I stand with the warranty?

I'll be taking it to my dealer on Saturday, but would just like to hear others views first...

Also, is it still possible to get the HDMI board for the Domino 20? Thought I might as well get it added if it has to go to Sim2.

2. dav-t

dav-t

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +627
    hi i owned a domino 20 and the lamp went on it at about 400hrs, i got the lamp changed under the 3000hr or 1year warranty , i was assured that this was a very rare occurance by sim2(low hrs) but factors like frequent switching on and off,misuse of pj ,excessive room temp ,humidity etc all contribute to lamp life.
    Jeff Paynter(rtfm) on these forums might help with the HDMI problem.

3. Allen S

Allen S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This sounds exactly the same as my problem - see my item "Sim 20H Lamp Problem" and Alan Roser's reply.

Allen S

4. Slate8

Slate8
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, took the Domino 20 into PJ HI-FI on saturday but they could do no more than post it off to Sim2 to discover the fault. Aparently Sim2 have a UK service center, so at least it's not going to Italy :smashin:

Will post more as things progress...