Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Domino 18 lack of info

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by davee, Mar 14, 2005.

1. davee

davee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    Any reason why there seems to be such a a lack of spec info on the Domino 18? It would appear to be a 6 segment color wheel but nowhere can I find the speed or rpm of the wheel. The lamp is rated at half the wattage of the Infocus 5700 yet both are long throw projectors. Does this make for a proportionately dull image in comparison?
    Yes I know I should demo it but some basic info would be a start. :lease:

2. thedoc

thedoc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As for specs, Jeff or Alan here will help I am sure...

...BUT test & compare different machines with your eyes.

I have been surprised to find sometimes the specification underdog, can look and outperform other projectors that on paper you might think outclassed it.

:smashin:

3. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    davee

The Sim2 Domino 18 has a six segment 5 speed colour wheel so colour separation will not be an issue for the majority of viewers.

Although a 120w lamp is used, the light engine is very efficient giving a much brighter image than you would expect from such a lamp.

In a light controlled room the Domino 18 will display deeper blacks and a higher contrast picture than the 5700.

Jeff :rtfm: