1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Domino 18 lack of info

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by davee, Mar 14, 2005.

1. davee

davee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Any reason why there seems to be such a a lack of spec info on the Domino 18? It would appear to be a 6 segment color wheel but nowhere can I find the speed or rpm of the wheel. The lamp is rated at half the wattage of the Infocus 5700 yet both are long throw projectors. Does this make for a proportionately dull image in comparison?
    Yes I know I should demo it but some basic info would be a start. :lease:

2. thedoc

thedoc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As for specs, Jeff or Alan here will help I am sure...

...BUT test & compare different machines with your eyes.

I have been surprised to find sometimes the specification underdog, can look and outperform other projectors that on paper you might think outclassed it.

:smashin:

3. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    davee

The Sim2 Domino 18 has a six segment 5 speed colour wheel so colour separation will not be an issue for the majority of viewers.

Although a 120w lamp is used, the light engine is very efficient giving a much brighter image than you would expect from such a lamp.

In a light controlled room the Domino 18 will display deeper blacks and a higher contrast picture than the 5700.

Jeff :rtfm: