Dominic Cummings threatens to exact revenge on Boris Johnson by revealing document on Covid strategy

james03

Look for their breeding grounds. One is Oxfordshire.
This one was born and lived 150 miles away until the parachute event. Managed to bag herself a ministerial position as well but then again there are so many of them coining additional salaries these days.

thekilljoy

I think most people would be surprised how many ministers there are:

As of March 2021, there are 116 ministers.

Of these 16 are unpaid ministers – although four of them receive salaries in other government capacities, mainly as whips

james03

I think most people would be surprised how many ministers there are:

As of March 2021, there are 116 ministers.

Of these 16 are unpaid ministers – although four of them receive salaries in other government capacities, mainly as whips
Agree, that’s a third of conservative MP’s, stealth driven.

MrsArcanum

Distinguished Member
Oxford is the PPE breeding ground for a lot of politicians. Though the Conservatives managed to lose power on the County Council in Oxfordshire. I was not sad to see Ian Hudspeth lose his seat.
Johnson still owns a property in the area, took over Hestletines constituency before running for Mayor of London. Simon Hoare from West Oxon to Devon. Redwood from OCC to Wokingham. Cameron still lives in the area.

tapzilla2k

Distinguished Member
Johnson still owns a property in the area, took over Hestletines constituency before running for Mayor of London. Simon Hoare from West Oxon to Devon. Redwood from OCC to Wokingham. Cameron still lives in the area.

FPTP safe seats are pretty much the new rotten borough, so the likes of Johnson can either charm their way into the safe seat or plot to get it.

Everything Goes

Well this should surprise no one. Well no one sensible.

Johnson makes 'no real distinction between truth and lies', says Cummings

This morning, on his subscriber-only Substack blog, Dominic Cummings, the PM’s former chief adviser, has published an article explaining why he joined Boris Johnson’s team in Downing Street in the summer of 2019, and helped him to win a general election, even though he thinks Johnson is unfit to be prime minister. It is a long read (as usual with Cummings), but for anyone with anything more than a passing interest in Johnsonology, it is an essential read.

The best passage is the one where Cummings tries to explain what Johnson is really like. Here’s an extract.

The truth is [Johnson] is neither [a clown or a campaigning genius]. He is a much deeper and more complex character than the media generally portrays. When I saw pundits seek mysteries in Cameron, I said the hidden depths weren’t there, he’s ‘a sphinx without a riddle’. Cameron was simple but portrayed as a sphinx but with Boris it’s the opposite, Boris is complex portrayed as simple. Behind each mask lies another mask — but there’s no masterplan behind all the masks, just the age old ‘will to power’. He is happy to hide behind the mask of a clown, mostly unbothered by ridicule, while calculations remain largely hidden (including from parts of his own mind).

He rewrites reality in his mind afresh according to the moment’s demands. He lies — so blatantly, so naturally, so regularly — that there is no real distinction possible with him, as there is with normal people, between truth and lies. He always tells people what they want to hear and he never means it. He always says ‘I can’t remember’ when they remind him and is rarely ‘lying’. He trusts nobody including his own family yet bears almost no grudges. He will sacrifice anybody for his career yet wants to make up with people who have screwed him over. He will use anybody for anything but is more polite than most top politicians towards junior staff. He is totally untrusted by anybody in No 10 yet has a superpower for making people feel sorry for him — ‘I feel sorry for him like my old dead-beat boyfriend, I hate myself for it but I can’t help it’, said one in despair after a particularly dreadful meeting. He’s almost as comfortable with living in chaos as Floyd Mayweather but panics all day about the media. He sometimes compares himself to historic titans (Octavian is a favourite) and regularly admits it’s ludicrous he’s prime minister. He’s hopeless at bureaucratic infighting and examines every room he enters for physical escape routes.

He is both much more useless than the media portray and much more capable of self-awareness and ruthlessness than they ever portray, or his enemies usually discern. He routinely says and does things so foolish that people are open-mouthed, and is so hopeless at getting rid of duffers, so determined to avoid difficult situations, that people are usually shocked when he suddenly moves with ruthless speed to remove them. He was desperate to be prime minister but has almost no interest in the job.

Cummings argues that the best way of understanding Johnson is realising that he operates in two modes: Boris-Normal (his routine, chaotic mode) and Boris-Self-Aware (his ruthless, effective mode).

D

Deleted member 898080

@Everything Goes Really appreciate you posting that regarding Cummings, thanks.

As I have no respect for Cummings and am biased against him, but I would say he is right about Johnson imo in many respects. But I would add that some of Cummings comments are almost like writing about himself and I suppose that helps in his observations of Johnson as a point of recognition. Just laughable that Cummings insists on calling someone a liar and describes how Johnson can do it so easily as if Cummings wouldn’t do such a thing.

Lyricalis

@Everything Goes Really appreciate you posting that regarding Cummings, thanks.

As I have no respect for Cummings and am biased against him, but I would say he is right about Johnson imo in many respects. But I would add that some of Cummings comments are almost like writing about himself and I suppose that helps in his observations of Johnson as a point of recognition. Just laughable that Cummings insists on calling someone a liar and describes how Johnson can do it so easily as if Cummings wouldn’t do such a thing.
It does make you wonder if Cummings does realise that he shares many of the faults of Johnson, or if he lacks self-awareness and doesn't see it at all. He might just think he's highly perceptive. Which would make his ability to rub people up the wrong way even worse when you think about it. At least people with a total lack of self-awareness might not be able to see that it's their fault no one likes them and they aren't intentionally making it that way.

Everything Goes

Johnson has been referred to as a "shape shifting creep" by Obama's former spokesman Tommy Vietor. Back then Joe Biden was Vice President. So they figured Johnson out pretty quickly.

While the constant stream of lies and contradictions seem to have his fans fooled, most sensible people will be able to see straight through it.

Again it's was for some quiet plain to see he wanted to be PM but didn't want any of the responsibility. He was hoping for an easy shift which he didn't get.

The mask of the clown act seems to be aimed at the easily impressed. It's easy to see how willing he is to throw anyone under the bus who gets in his way. Maybe more like IT than Bozo.

As for not really bearing grudges, I guess he will always have a use for a victim who is willing to come back.

Cummings commenting on him looking for escape routes is amusing. This obviously includes fridges.

richp007

Distinguished Member

Imagine "babbling" about Ireland where people died in a conflict that still resonates today.

And the rule of law as if it's the pirate code.

VladTheImpeller

Oxford is the PPE breeding ground for a lot of politicians. Though the Conservatives managed to lose power on the County Council in Oxfordshire. I was not sad to see Ian Hudspeth lose his seat.
Oxford needs to drop PPE as a subject, either that or change the law to ban anyone with a PPE from political office.

Who was the last senior politician who was any good who had a PPE?

VladTheImpeller

Well this should surprise no one. Well no one sensible.

Johnson makes 'no real distinction between truth and lies', says Cummings

This morning, on his subscriber-only Substack blog, Dominic Cummings, the PM’s former chief adviser, has published an article explaining why he joined Boris Johnson’s team in Downing Street in the summer of 2019, and helped him to win a general election, even though he thinks Johnson is unfit to be prime minister. It is a long read (as usual with Cummings), but for anyone with anything more than a passing interest in Johnsonology, it is an essential read.

The best passage is the one where Cummings tries to explain what Johnson is really like. Here’s an extract.

The truth is [Johnson] is neither [a clown or a campaigning genius]. He is a much deeper and more complex character than the media generally portrays. When I saw pundits seek mysteries in Cameron, I said the hidden depths weren’t there, he’s ‘a sphinx without a riddle’. Cameron was simple but portrayed as a sphinx but with Boris it’s the opposite, Boris is complex portrayed as simple. Behind each mask lies another mask — but there’s no masterplan behind all the masks, just the age old ‘will to power’. He is happy to hide behind the mask of a clown, mostly unbothered by ridicule, while calculations remain largely hidden (including from parts of his own mind).

He rewrites reality in his mind afresh according to the moment’s demands. He lies — so blatantly, so naturally, so regularly — that there is no real distinction possible with him, as there is with normal people, between truth and lies. He always tells people what they want to hear and he never means it. He always says ‘I can’t remember’ when they remind him and is rarely ‘lying’. He trusts nobody including his own family yet bears almost no grudges. He will sacrifice anybody for his career yet wants to make up with people who have screwed him over. He will use anybody for anything but is more polite than most top politicians towards junior staff. He is totally untrusted by anybody in No 10 yet has a superpower for making people feel sorry for him — ‘I feel sorry for him like my old dead-beat boyfriend, I hate myself for it but I can’t help it’, said one in despair after a particularly dreadful meeting. He’s almost as comfortable with living in chaos as Floyd Mayweather but panics all day about the media. He sometimes compares himself to historic titans (Octavian is a favourite) and regularly admits it’s ludicrous he’s prime minister. He’s hopeless at bureaucratic infighting and examines every room he enters for physical escape routes.

He is both much more useless than the media portray and much more capable of self-awareness and ruthlessness than they ever portray, or his enemies usually discern. He routinely says and does things so foolish that people are open-mouthed, and is so hopeless at getting rid of duffers, so determined to avoid difficult situations, that people are usually shocked when he suddenly moves with ruthless speed to remove them. He was desperate to be prime minister but has almost no interest in the job.

Cummings argues that the best way of understanding Johnson is realising that he operates in two modes: Boris-Normal (his routine, chaotic mode) and Boris-Self-Aware (his ruthless, effective mode).
Must share DNA with Trump. Given both were born in New York has anyone checked either the whereabouts of Trump or his father at the time, or for some illicit cloning site?

Smudges Dad

Distinguished Member
D

Deleted member 898080

Has Cummings had any effect on this government with his vendetta? I can’t see it. He’s spent a lot of time making notes, giving out statements, releasing private messages and papers and it really is like water off a ducks back. He even held back documents till after Hancock’s evidence to the select committee to maybe damage Hancock more, yet Hancock went for different reasons.

Most of the information he has released since leaving Downing St was already out there. Perhaps the reason being, he leaked most of it as a Downing St source to the media while still employed by Johnson. How could anyone trust this man?

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom