Dominic Cummings threatens to exact revenge on Boris Johnson by revealing document on Covid strategy

Maxatoria

I think Cummings is not the most politically savvy person around as any decent political animal would be thinking 3 steps and an investigation ahead so would always word it so it was a suggestion that could be ignored and not a demand.

D

Deleted member 898080

And here we are again.

PMQs: Blackford presses PM on redirection of vital Covid cash to Union polling​

"The evidence emerged today in documents submitted to the High Court which show an urgent request to test attitudes to the Union was made by the office of Michael Gove - under the cover of the Covid-19 contract given to Public First, which was meant to inform "vital" advice to shape the UK government's pandemic response.

Blackford pressed Johnson on the situation at Prime Minister's Questions in the Commons today."

PMs reply.

Johnson said: "Mr Speaker I am afraid I am not aware of the conduct which [Ian Blackford] refers".

Ian Blackford hit back.

"Let's be very clear about what happened here. These emergency Covid contracts were supposed to be used for things like PPE for our brave doctors and nurses fighting Covid.

"Instead during the height of this deadly pandemic the Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster used these emergency contracts to commission political research on attitudes...to the UK Union."

Further down in the link.

"Dominic Cummings last week defended the decision to appoint Public First he had links to insisting he was acting in the midst of a “once in a century” health crisis.

The Prime Minister’s former aide said the decision to appoint firms such as Public First during the pandemic without a proper procurement process was done to focus on the “imminent threat” of Covid rather than creating a “Potemkin paper trail”.

According to the judgement, the award of the contract was made by a letter from Gove dated June 5.

High Court judge Mrs Justice O’Farrell ruled that the June 5 decision to award the contract to Public First - run by close allies of Gove and Cummings - "gave rise to apparent bias and was unlawful".

This is what Labour need to question imo. This is scandalous.

sunlituplands

Oh dear, apparently there's CCTV footage of married man Matt Hancock getting loved up with one of his aides.

Johnson or Cummings? Probably Johnson, he needs a scapegoat to the Covid fiasco. On the other hand if it is Cummings what other CCTV footage may be out there.

Colin London

Oh dear, apparently there's CCTV footage of married man Matt Hancock getting loved up with one of his aides.

Johnson or Cummings? Probably Johnson, he needs a scapegoat to the Covid fiasco. On the other hand if it is Cummings what other CCTV footage may be out there.
It apparently is quite recent and after Cummings was long gone:

sunlituplands

Smudges Dad

Distinguished Member
Depends on whether there is any other impropriety- they seem to be focussing on the arrangements surrounding her appointment on the radio this morning.
Was Hancock knobbing her before she got the job or did it start after she was working under him?

richp007

Distinguished Member
Had been pondering this myself.

Not what I can do about Cummings that is, the actual idea of there being a breach of security and whether this has been in the national interest.

LakieLady

Had been pondering this myself.

Not what I can do about Cummings that is, the actual idea of there being a breach of security and whether this has been in the national interest.

It's quite amusing really, that they're trying to silence Cummings for revealing that any competent hacker could have revealed their messages.

HappyTree

There's a definite feeling of "when you dance with the devil" around this Cummings affair. Johnson is an idiot who has been told he's a genius all his life. He has no idea.

james03

True but I’m not sure he’s ever been labelled genius. To coin a phrase the man would be out of his depth in the shallow end.
Such is the woeful ability of 95% of these “career politicians”, the fact he’s become Prime Minister is through mere circumstance. Oh and a propensity for dispatching daggers in the back.

HeavySaurus

True but I’m not sure he’s ever been labelled genius. To coin a phrase the man would be out of his depth in the shallow end.
Such is the woeful ability of 95% of these “career politicians”, the fact he’s become Prime Minister is through mere circumstance. Oh and a propensity for dispatching daggers in the back.
It is pretty worrying how far just sheer arrogance can get you. And this is a problem all over the world, people are judged more for their confidence than competence. And there's no one more confident and entitled than a public school boy who has had everything handed to him, despite any obvious gaps in his skillset.

james03

It is pretty worrying how far just sheer arrogance can get you. And this is a problem all over the world, people are judged more for their confidence than competence. And there's no one more confident and entitled than a public school boy who has had everything handed to him, despite any obvious gaps in his skillset.
Indeed, they just roll off the production line in a shake and bake fashion. I seriously doubt there’s any left with an ounce of integrity and ability. My local MP is a true grifter, parachuted into a safe seat after 2 previous dismal attempts at getting elected elsewhere.

MrsArcanum

Distinguished Member
Indeed, they just roll off the production line in a shake and bake fashion. I seriously doubt there’s any left with an ounce of integrity and ability. My local MP is a true grifter, parachuted into a safe seat after 2 previous dismal attempts at getting elected elsewhere.
Look for their breeding grounds. One is Oxfordshire.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

LG rumoured to release 97-inch OLED TV in 2022
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Blu-ray (UK) for Halloween 2021
  • By Mark Costello
  • Published
AVForums Movies Podcast: 20th October 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
PSB announces M4U 8 MKII wireless headphone