Dominic Cummings threatens to exact revenge on Boris Johnson by revealing document on Covid strategy

Video Nasty

Like with Anonymous claiming they had dirt on Trump, either put the information out there or bugger off.

Malvern

Banned
Trips to parents, castle, eye tests, everything will come out, it will be a bonanza of disgrace headed by the evil genius Brexit Boris!

Nick74

Distinguished Member
So? Cummings could reveal a smoking gun and the public wouldn't bat an eyelid.

There was a Channel 4 documentary on the second wave last night, revealing that Johnson met with lockdown sceptics while he was delaying action. As with the first wave, so with the second.

Those delays cost lives, possibly tens of thousands of lives. Now history threatens to repeat itself, for the third time. Johnson held off on placing India on the no flight list for political rather than scientific reasons. Because his government was negotiating trade arrangements to include agreements on free movement. Johnson calculated that he couldn't ban travel from India during that negotiation.

Nobody cares. We like "Boris." "He's been under a lot of pressure." "He just had a baby." "It would have been worse under Labour" (a claim for which there's zero evidence but that people make with absolute conviction).

Cliff

Distinguished Member
The problem with this is that we already know so many of Boris’s mistakes and shortcomings. Like the latest delay to put India on the no flight list.
Even if Cummings knows who paid for the wallpaper - is that going to send shock waves through the government? No.

I don’t think Cummings, who is not a respected figure anyway, has anything that will surprise or shock us.

tapzilla2k

Distinguished Member
The problem with this is that we already know so many of Boris’s mistakes and shortcomings. Like the latest delay to put India on the no flight list.
Even if Cummings knows who paid for the wallpaper - is that going to send shock waves through the government? No.

The thing you have to remember about Cummings is that he loves to destroy things, he has no loyalty to the conservative party. The usual cajoling and threats probably won't work on him. So if he has got damning evidence about the pandemic and other things then Johnson might find himself out on his ear. Gove was the one who introduced Cummings to Government with Cameron forcing him to be fired for being a "Career Sociopath".

I don’t think Cummings, who is not a respected figure anyway, has anything that will surprise or shock us.

If he's got audio/video of how Johnson is behind closed doors, then I'd say all bets are off. This might be the first time we get a real insight into how Government operates without any media filters. Either Cummings has damning evidence to present to the select committee or it'll be a damp squib.

Everything Goes

There was a Channel 4 documentary on the second wave last night, revealing that Johnson met with lockdown sceptics while he was delaying action. As with the first wave, so with the second.

Those delays cost lives, possibly tens of thousands of lives. Now history threatens to repeat itself, for the third time. Johnson held off on placing India on the no flight list for political rather than scientific reasons. Because his government was negotiating trade arrangements to include agreements on free movement. Johnson calculated that he couldn't ban travel from India during that negotiation.

Nobody cares. We like "Boris." "He's been under a lot of pressure." "He just had a baby." "It would have been worse under Labour" (a claim for which there's zero evidence but that people make with absolute conviction).

Johnson is untouchable. To quote Trump ‘I could shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters’

MrsArcanum

Distinguished Member
Could it be Cummings is building something out of nothing much? After all he does have form.

JoeBlooogs

Decisions about things like no flight lists are inherently political because they have various impacts on people which have to be taken into account when determining policies. It's fine to argue Johnson should have done it earlier, but don't make out that science tells us what we should do.

richp007

Distinguished Member
Decisions about things like no flight lists are inherently political because they have various impacts on people which have to be taken into account when determining policies. It's fine to argue Johnson should have done it earlier, but don't make out that science tells us what we should do.

Yeah the problem with that is when the government repeatedly say they're following the science. So it falls apart if it becomes a pick and choose to suit scenario.

Nick74

Distinguished Member

As Rich says, our government claims to be following the science. That claim doesn't withstand scrutiny when that same government ignores the science for political reasons, as was the case here.

What's more, the consideration wasn't about the impact on people. It was about the government's reputation in the wake of Brexit.

Johnson, Truss et al. made a political calculation that a Brexit deal (to incorporate aspects of free movement) was more important than public health. That should be the headline here. Johnson wasn't wondering "what's best for the people?" he was contemplating, as always, "what's best for me and my legacy as Brexit's chief architect?"

IronGiant

Still waiting for Dom to dish the dirt.
That he hasn't suggests that he is either waiting for a theatrically opportune moment, or it doesn't exist. Neither of which will shower him in glory.

Sid Law

That he hasn't suggests that he is either waiting for a theatrically opportune moment, or it doesn't exist. Neither of which will shower him in glory.
Cummings is an untrustworthy rogue who is only out for himself.....rather similar to Johnston in many respects.
Unlike Johnston he doesn’t care if he is loved/liked and probably isn’t looking for glory.
That alone makes him a very dangerous person (to Johnston) as he was party to much of the minutiae of government during the initial stages of the pandemic and saw (and hopefully) recorded the sheer incompetence and indecisiveness of the buffoon and his posse.
Whether revelations of serious mismangement at the top of government make any difference to the popularity of above mentioned buffoon is another matter.

richp007

Distinguished Member

It depends what it is. People might ignore the shower if there's a bath full of blood.

Colin London

Wouldn’t surprise me if Cummings ‘shocking’ evidence will just be a wind up. Build it up to get Boris enemies salivating, then it turns out to be damp squibs. ‘No.10 aides’ have already been planning to deal with the fallout - which means that this will be managed away, whatever is said.

The only way Johnson gets done in is if there is a recording of him saying something unforgivable, or something which has already been denied strongly.

Nick74

Distinguished Member
Wouldn’t surprise me if Cummings ‘shocking’ evidence will just be a wind up. Build it up to get Boris enemies salivating, then it turns out to be damp squibs. ‘No.10 aides’ have already been planning to deal with the fallout - which means that this will be managed away, whatever is said.

The only way Johnson gets done in is if there is a recording of him saying something unforgivable, or something which has already been denied strongly.

Cummings could produce truly damning evidence - there's been plenty of damning evidence over the last 14 months. It would make no difference. The public has already decided. The media would equivocate and, as you say, manage the situation. Social media would flood with claims of a far left hoax. Those who defended Cummings over Barnard Castle would disown him now.

Johnson's stoked a culture war and adopted a position. Not because he believes in that position, but because he's made a political calculation. The public believes him nevertheless. He's their man. He can do and say anything.

Everything Goes

Trump's "Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything." Recorded audio didn't do him any harm. He said a lot of awful stuff on the record much like Johnson. For starters Johnson's on the record racist comments haven't harmed his career.

D

Deleted member 898080

Cummings has already discredited himself and even if he doesn’t care, he can still have a go at Johnson and hope the mud sticks. Reports that the government were considering herd immunity 14 months ago and he has graphs doesn’t mean a thing as I’m sure every government on earth needed to be shown by the scientists examples of herd immunity and it’s consequences.

I’m a bit suspicious of these reports about Cummings up coming evidence as it could be regarded as threats to some on the select committee not to ask certain questions, or else. He does like to feed the media with crap and the media licks their lips with joy. 🤤

I doubt he has the protections MPs have in the HoC. But it would be good if he thought he had.

Tropical Wave

I wish he'd hurry up about it, I'm getting very bored waiting.
It's going to be huge I think. He will reveal that Boris told lies, was incompetant and gave favours to his mates and got a free loan to decorate his flat. I reckon he might dish the dirt on his personal life. Willing to bet he's cheated on his wife.

This is going to be revelation of the century no doubt about it.

SpacekSissy

It's going to be huge I think. He will reveal that Boris told lies, was incompetant and gave favours to his mates and got a free loan to decorate his flat. I reckon he might dish the dirt on his personal life. Willing to bet he's cheated on his wife.

This is going to be revelation of the century no doubt about it.
Jolly well hope so! Bring it on! .....not that I'm one for gossip of course ;)

Cassandra1956

It truly is demoralising to hear regular, seemingly intelligent people claim that Johnson has done a 'great job' and no one could have done it better. Or that he should be left alone by those criticising him because he is amazing etc. I've actually had to bite my tongue on numerous occasions with people from my community who have expressed this view. Because I find myself completely incapable or discussing it rationally (for one thing they have closed their minds against any counter to their views. For another, it makes me so angry that if I said what I thought, I'd end up in a nasty confrontation, which is not me at all).

I despair. The blinkers are well and truly on. And he really is made of Teflon. Anything Cummings says will just be brushed aside. I doubt the trip to Barnard Castle will be used against him, mind, seeing as Johnson is complicit in the cover-up. Unless they find a way of distancing the slimy little dingbat from it. It will require some mental gymnastics but this craven lot are perfectly capable of it.

I utterly loathe the pair of them. Plus Gove. Plus Patel. Plus Mogg. Plus every single member of that despicable cabal.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Anthem AVM 70 Review, EQing Your Home Cinema Sound System and More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

AVForums Podcast: 27th October 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Linn unveils latest Klimax LP12 flagship turntable
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung Tizen plans include cloud gaming for smart TVs
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Freeview Play racks up 10 million users