Domestic & General: The types of Warranty offered

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by adamchow, Apr 28, 2007.

Tags:
  1. adamchow

adamchow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I've spent sometime looking this up on the search function on this forum but all seem to not answer my question.

Basically, I'm looking to get a Samsung 40" M87 in the next couple of weeks and I want a 5 year extended warranty with it. Now from my research I hear that D&G are good at providing this. However this is where the situation gets slightly confusing.

1) If I want an extended warranty from D&G WITH accidental cover, it will cost me round £259. This quote was from D&G's website.

2) If I want an extended warranty from D&G WITHOUT accidental cover, it will cost me round £100. This quote was from a local retailer shop.

Now what confuses me is that I found out about this other extended warranty without accidental cover later. I had always assumed that D&G only offered one type of warranty (the no1). So I got on the phone to D&G and asked them if I could get this extended warranty without accidental cover. They said no. They only offer one type of warranty. I then explained that a shop was offering me another type which was with D&G but without accidental damage. They then said that may be the case with shops but they dont offer it to customers....confused?.....I am :confused:

So chaps...what I want to know is has anyone else bought this type of extended warranty before, without the accidental cover? I just want to know that if I'm going for the cheapest warranty, will that still cover things like call out charges, parts, work, and replacements?

Any advice would much appreciated. :smashin: :)

2. adamchow

adamchow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Anyone??? :lease:

3. kourosh

kourosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,107
    they are correct,the cover without the accidental is a dealer warrenty these are the ones you get in sony centres:smashin: